Chapter 1

In the bustling market....everyone were talking about the marriage of the General and Xing Chen.

"Is the Su family's second lady really going to marry General Zhe Yun? Aiya, there goes another beauty getting married...."
"I heard, the Lady Su is a great beauty. Is it true?"
"But I also heard from other rumors that Lady Su is very ugly, that's why she did not come out from the manor that often."
"This old lady had a chance meeting this Lady Su before. When she went to the temple with Madam Su last year, I saw her, wearing a veil covering half of her face. But you definitely can see that she's a little beauty. She may not be as beautiful as the Left Minister's daughter, An Zi Ling, or easy going like First Lady Su, Su Xing Yan. But her attraction is definitely no less than them. Perhaps our brave and handsome General Zhe Yun had fallen in love at first sight with her."
" Then what about Lady An? I heard, they were childhood lovers."
"Who knows. Besides, Lady An have a lot of suitors. Most of them were as good as the General. Even the Grand Tutor's son who becomes the Zhuangyuan this year's official examination, is courting Lady An."
"You mean, Duan Feng?"
"Yes ah."

In the study of General Zhe's Manor, Zhe Yun was reading the book of formation while playing chess with his loyal deputy general, Wei Yong.
"General. There really are a lot of rumors all over the place. Most of them are about you and Su family's second lady, but some are even including Lady An into the picture."
"Hmnn....let me hear about it."
(Wei Yong told the General of the rumors....)
"Ignore it. Lady An and I were only acquaintances since childhood. I don't have any feelings for her. How can that be counted as any childhood lovers. Those are only rumors."
"But Lady Su doesn't know any of these. Won't she be jealous of you and Lady An?"
"If these rumors can get that person to be jealous, I would be more pleased than anything."
Zhe Yun smiled brightly, and laughed. Wei Yong can only smile as he raised a brow. He placed his chin on his hand in a questioning manner.
"General, did you perhaps had met this Lady Su Xing Chen before? Is she really as sweet and shy and attracting bees and butterflies wherever she goes? But I heard she rarely went out of Su's Manor. So how would you be able to have your fateful encounter?"
"We did, but why should I tell you any of it? Hmph...."
"......"
(Like this also can jealous ah, General...) ╮(╯▽╰)╭