Chapter 14

Xing Chen brought a dozen men with him and sneaked into the Xiwu tribe's camp. They placed a few ready made dynamite like bombs into the tents especially their food and weapon storage tent. Everything started to explode and flared up. And it alerted the enemy of their ambush. The black clothed men split up and distracted the enemies while Xing Chen went into the leader's tent by himself.
The leader, Meng Hu was woken up when the tents had started to explode.  He then saw Xing Chen came into his tent and they started fighting. Xing Chen pulled out his daggers and aimed at the vital points. Meng Hu held his own fists and punched. Xing Chen dodged most of it but was hit once in the chest. He felt his blood churned up, and he quickly accelerated his attacks. He cut and stabbed deep at each vitals, making Meng Hu unable to resist the frenzied attacks. His strength depleted at once and Xing Chen ended Meng Hu's life with a deep stab and twist in the heart. Meng Hu fell on the ground and laid still. Xing Chen couldn't hold himself up and spitted out the blood in his mouth. He coughed. One of his subordinates came in after succeeding his task and saw this scene. He quickly helped Xing Chen up and left the camp. All the black clothed men had left after Xing Chen once they succeeded. With no death toll.

At the army camp, the guards alerted Zhe Yun and the others when they noticed the blaze from Xiwu tribe's camp.
"Something must have happened over there. Send scouts to report immediately."
Zhe Yun had just finished his words when an arrow flew in and stabbed onto the table. There was a small scroll of letter on it. Wei Yong quickly unstripped it from the arrow and passed to the General. Zhe Yun read the short few sentences on the letter.
"Meng Hu is assassinated along with his five most capable men. Food and weapon storage have being burnt down. The tribe is in chaos at the moment. Do as you see fit."
"Who is this from? This emblem, isn't this-?"
"Ah. Su family's hidden guard emblem."
"Then what what should we do now, General?"
"Get the army ready. We're going to the Xiwu tribe now."

The army easily wiped out the tribe. Zhe Yun and his subordinate, Wei Yong entered Meng Hu's tent. They saw the mutilated corpse of Meng Hu. Zhe Yun kneeled down on the side and examined the body.
"He had wounds on his body, sharp and straight to the vitals. And the deep stab in the heart. Probably died because of this."
"Hmnn, what's this?"
Wei Yong noticed the pool of blood when he was checking around. There was no blood on Meng Hu's face. So it was most likely from the assassin, they thought. And Wei Yong found an ornament lying near the bloody ground. He picked it up.
"I've never seen this kind of jade before. Does the Xiwu tribe have this kind of taste?"
"What is it? Let me see..."
The moment Zhe Yun held the ornament, he froze. It was the one he gifted to Xing Chen. His face turned extremely ugly.

Xing Chen was brought back to Su family's manor, back in his own courtyard. He was in need to recuperate after that one hit to his chest. He had sustained a heavy internal injury. The physician came and left secretly after checking on him. That night, Xing Chen realized he lost his jade ornament. He was devastated for the whole time. Xing Chen called for Jian Ye who was actually currently acting as Xing Chen's body double at the General's manor. Jian Ye went to Su family's manor after informing Rui Mama. Xing Chen stayed at Su family's manor until he received news a week before the army's return. He then only went back to the General's manor.