Chapter 6

Morning came. The birds chirping out loud. Xing Chen woke up, finding himself snuggling warmly within Zhe Yun's embrace. His body immediately stiffened. He tried to pry open the arms and find a way out of this situation. But he was caught back by the just awakened Zhe Yun.
"Wifey, morning."
"M-morning, Ah Yun."
"Aren't you going to continue sleeping? It's still early..."
"...it's already half past noon. I want to take a bath."
"Okay, wifey. Wake me up when you're done. I'll take a bath after you."
Zhe Yun released Xing Chen on the bed and let Xing Chen to move past him.
Xing Chen rushed over to the other side of the room and rushed up with the bath. He quickly wore his clothes, tidied his hair and put on some light make up, then he changed the bath water before he awkwardly walked over to wake Zhe Yun up.

The couple left their room, hands locking together, with Zhe Yun taking the lead. He took Xing Chen on a tour around the manor. They walked past the study and the main hall....
"There's only a few servants in this manor in the past since I'm the only master here. And I'm usually living in the military camp. So, Rui Mama have only added a few more servants recently. Ah, Rui Mama is the head servant in the manor. She's also my nanny. If Xing Chen needed anything, you can just let Rui Mama knows. And this is the kitchen. Oh, Rui Mama is here."
"Good afternoon, General, and Madam."
All the servants stopped their work and followed Rui Mama's lead. They bowed and called out in unison. The couple nodded in response.
"Good afternoon, Rui Mama, you can just call me Xing Chen."
"How can I? You don't have to worry about anything, Madam. Ah, right, General, why don't you bring Madam to the dining room. I'll bring your meals over in a while."
"Okay, Rui Mama."
Zhe Yun led Xing Chen away..... The servants giggled while watching them.
"Oh my god, our Madam is such a charming lady. Did you see how the General is acting? He's so protective towards the madam. Not even letting go of her hand for a moment."
"Of course! Our Madam have to be treated preciously. I heard the rumors say that General was the one that requested the Emperor for the wedding."
"Stop gossiping, all of you.. Do you want to get sacked on your early days here? The General dislikes servants that like to spread rumors. You all better be careful with your conducts."
"Yes, Rui Mama."