Chapter 13

The days passed as usual in the General's manor. With Zhe Yun busying with the army preparations, the couple did not have much time to be affectionate. Even if they met in the manor, they acted as per normal.
Very soon, the day of departure had arrived. Xing Chen rode in the carriage by himself, with Zhe Yun riding his own horse, fully armored. The Crown Prince Qin Xuan came to send the army off, in the Emperor's stead. He spoke a few words and left. Zhe Yun led his horse over to Xing Chen's carriage and entered to speak with him.
"Wifey, I'm going to be away for a while. Probably at least in half year we won't be coming back. You need to be obedient, stay home and wait for my return. If you want to go out, make sure to bring Yi Xun with you.....and..."
Why is this man nagging so much today? Xing Chen embraces his neck and said in low voice.
"I'll take care of myself. So, Ah Yun must come back early. With glory."
He released him and took out a piece of jade and tied it to the sword handle by Zhe Yun's side. The jade was sent over to the manor earlier. Zhe Yun was surprised. He touched the jade ornament and saw it had the same colors as the one Xing Chen was wearing. He held his hand and kissed the tip of his fingers. Then he caressed his cheek for a moment before planting a kiss onto the pale lips and it gradually turned into a passionate deep kiss. They held onto each other, tongues tangling with heavy breathing sound echoed inside the carriage. Zhe Yun regretfully released Xing Chen and left the carriage. Xing Chen raised the curtain to look at the back of the departing lover. His heart felt soured. He continued to stare until the man could no longer be seen. He then closed back the curtain.
"Return to the General's manor."

Xing Chen went into his room and closed the door. There was a sharp glint in his eyes.
"Jian Ye."
The window that was facing the garden creaked open, and a black shadow flew in, and the window was closed again.
"Master."
"Make some preparations. I need to leave the capital for some time. And bring me the information on the Xiwu tribe."
"Yes, master."

A month later, the army finally reached the Northern border. They made a camp a thousand yards away from the Xiwu tribe. The General, Zhe Yun sent scouts over to survey the enemy but only a few managed to return to report. Another month later, Zhe Yun called his subordinates for a meeting.
"We don't have enough information yet. This might take some time and labor."
"The army only have supplies for nine months. If it takes even longer, we will have to retreat."
"This is very troubling. From the reports we received, it seems they have a very capable leader. His name is Meng Hu and he excelled in fist fighting. His few subordinates also had good fighting skills. They are all ranked at the top in the tribe."
"Let's give it some time to think about."

Zhe Yun sat by the fireplace by himself late at night. He held his sword out to polish it shine. He stared at the ornament hanging on the handle. He had a lonely expression on his face as he held the jade in his hand.
"Xing Chen...."
"I miss you very much....."
Zhe Yun took out his flute and played the tune he was most familiar with.
In the forest, a few yards away from the army camp, sat a black clothed man on the branch of the tree. He was appreciating the music, silently mumbling by himself.
"Moonlight..."
A few black clothed men appeared, kneeling before him. Xing Chen jumped off the tree.
"Master, everything is well prepared."
"Excellent. Let the plan commence tonight."