Chapter 11

"An invitation to the crown prince's manor tonight?"
"Yes, it was received this morning. What do you think, wifey? Do you want to go?"
"Sure, it's been some time since I last seen my elder sister."
"Alright, then we'll go tonight. Zheng Yang, go inform the crown prince. We will attend the event tonight."
"Yes, General."

The couple wore matching purples and went to the crown prince's manor. The Crown Prince Qin Xuan and Crown Princess Su Xing Yan personally welcomed them.
"General Zhe, you don't mind if I have a little private chat with my little sister?"
"Alright. Xing Chen, I'll see you at the event."
Xing Chen nodded and left with his sister. They went to a side pavilion, heavily guarded by imperial guards. Xing Chen removed his veil by Su Xing Yan's request.
"Sister."
"Ohh, our little Xing Chen, are you really alright? Did the General bully you? Huh? You have to tell me if he did. Let elder sister help you take revenge on him."
"Ah, Ah Yun is very good to me. He doesn't even bully me. Besides, elder sister, do you think anyone can bully me that easily? Do I even look that fragile?"
"No. Of course not. But little Xing Chen ah, does he know of your real gender? I heard mother said that you haven't had consummate your marriage yet."
"I don't think he knows I'm a man. If he knew, he would've been disgusted by me. Yet he treats me too well. I feel so guilty about it. Will Ah Yun hate me, or resent me for lying?"
"Little Xing Chen ah, who knows what might happen in the future. He might not even be coming back alive if he lost the war, you know. Perhaps then..."
"Sister! Don't say that. I don't want to be widowed this early. And Ah Yun is a very capable General. He won't lose to those Xiwu people..."
"You. Don't tell me..... Have you already fallen for the General?"
Xing Chen blushed. He took a cup of tea and consume it. Su Xing Yan nodded her head knowingly..
"I don't know... But the way he treats me like his most precious person, even if I did.... There's nothing wrong with it, he's my husband after all."
"Little Xing Chen ah, do you want to try testing yourself? That An Zi Ling is also coming tonight. The rumors about her and your Zhe Yun, haven't you heard any of it?"
"Her? It was only rumors. Nothing to be worry about. I believe Ah Yun. Ah, right, sister. I brought some handmade pastries for you. It's all new flavors. They should suit to your taste, you this pregnant woman. "
"Oh? Then let's try it out at the event. We should go now.. Everyone's waiting."
"Okay, sister."
Xing Chen worn his veil back and held hands with Su Xing Yan. Together, they went to the outer court where the event was held. A lady in pink was lightly dancing and jumping to the tunes of the musicians. Xing Chen went straight to sit by Zhe Yun's side, under the watchful attention of everyone at the event. They were curious of this little veiled beauty by the General's side. All of them stared at the couple. Zhe Yun poured a cup of wine for Xing Chen, who then lightly sipped on it. Zhe Yun also took a small piece of pastry and fed it to his wifey. They totally ignored their staring until the dance ended. They applauded, and the dancer went to her table opposite the lovely couple. 
"Lady An dances very well. Duan Feng really admires Lady An....."
"Ah, is that so? Yun gege, what do you think of my dance?"
An Zi Ling turned to look at Zhe Yun, with a cheerful expression. Xing Chen eyed the lady. How brazen, she dare ask my husband? Xing Chen looked down and drank another full cup of wine.
"Ah, it's okay....Wifey, do you want another pastry?"
Xing Chen shook his head. Zhe Yun placed the pastry in his own mouth. It melted smoothly with a sweet plum blossom taste. An Zi Ling looked at them, and turned to taste the pastries on her table. Her eyes brightened.
"Crown Princess, did you hired a new chef? It wasn't as tasty as these pastries last time."
"No, I did not. These pastries were brought by the General's wife. Everything was made by her."
"Oh? Yun gege, your wife knows to make pastries? Ah, is she the lady next to you? Why did Yun gege not introducing her to us? Does she have any other talents? Yun gege, does she know how to dance?"
"Ah, no.. Xing Chen doesn't....."
Xing Chen was already annoyed as he is. He gulped down the wine in his hand, and replied,
"Good. I'll dance."
"Wifey...."
"Hubby, won't you play the flute for me?"
Zhe Yun knew Xing Chen was annoyed. So he followed his wish.
"......Which song?"
Xing Chen thought a bit, his eyes smiling.
"Little Master Chen's, Moonlight."

Xing Chen stood on the stage. He had changed his clothes to white with longer sleeves and a long white cloth in his hands. The stage had dimmed lanterns and new addition of ten poles of different height. Zhe Yun stood near the stage. His Xuan Yang flute in his hands, ready to play.

««.........(๑و•̀ω•́) hang on, we're almost there.....»»