Chapter 19

Half a month later, at the main camp. A soldier rushed in to report.
"General Zhe, the imperial army has escorted General Han Leng Feng, along with ten thousand army. They have just reached, and were currently waiting outside the camp.
"General Han had come? Let's go greet him then."
Zhe Yun stood up and left the tent in great mood, with his subordinates in tow. But his jaw dropped when he saw the familiar looking feminine faced, black clothed man jumped off his horse. The imperial army bowed in respect to the two Generals before leaving.
Zhe Yun gaped at the feminine looking General for a while, before he finally managed to gather himself.
"You......"
Xing Chen nodded slightly. His eyes were smiling.
"Han Leng Feng greets the General Zhe."
"You are that Han Leng Feng? The unbeatable hired General? To think the General is actually one fine young man....., but where have I seen you before? You do look familiar..."
Wei Yong said it. Zhe Yun coughed slightly to avert his attention.
"General Han should be tired from his trip. Deputy Wei, prepare a tent for General Han...."
"No need. I'll just share your tent. You don't mind, do you, General Zhe?"
"No, of course not..."
"Then it's decided. Could Deputy Wei help to arrange for my men? They're stationed just ten miles away. Thanks."
Xing Chen walked into Zhe Yun's tent in large steps. He placed the guqin on the table. Zhe Yun closed the tent and rushed to embraced Xing Chen's back. He snuggled his head onto Xing Chen's neck and kissed his nape.
"So, can you tell me what's happening right now? Wifey?"
"I did promised you I won't sneak in, didn't I? So I walked in. That's all."
"Ah.. Then the identity Han Leng Feng?"
".....it's the identity that I used in the past when I served in the army. Were you surprised?"
"I see.. But why aren't you wearing any armor?"
"I'm wearing a soft armor on the inside...."
"Hmnn...show me."
Zhe Yun groped on his body, and took off Xing Chen's clothes.
"Why are you taking off my clothes? Nghhh....Bastard Ah Yun.... What do you think you're doing?"
"Punishment for surprising me. Not so loud, they might come in, you know..."
"Nghh....ah....ahh......!!"
Zhe Yun pounced himself onto Xing Chen and thoroughly eaten up well.

"......from Yang River to first point here, where do you think the Li Country's army might ambush us?"
"Should be these three places."
Zhe Yun pointed at the map. Xing Chen, Wei Yong and another two deputy generals were surrounding the table, while discussing the strategic locations on the map.
"Hmnn.... Those two places we can easily avoid it. But the third place is.....rather difficult. Unless we can get our men crossing the river."
"General, we have scouted the river. It is at least waist deep. I don't think we can pass here."
"Heh....then do you want to gamble with me? Whether I could find a way to cross the river?"
"Urgh..no thanks. If General Han said there's a way, then there's definitely a way. So I don't dare to gamble with you. Sorry, General Han."
"Not bad. You do understand. Then let's continue. If we had the trees from this point be cut down and placed into the river. What do you think? I've checked the tree barks are rather heavy, not the kind that would float away in water."
"It's worth a try...then I'll get my men to do it. Anything else? Ah, on the decisive date, we're going to separate our troops into three ways to attack. General Han and Deputy Lu will attack from the river. Deputy Wei and Deputy Shu will take up from the other side. And I'll charge straight to the enemy. It'll be a week from now."
"Got it. Then I'll start my men to do some work starting tonight."
"!!!!"
"What? Ah, I didn't tell you yet? I've already deployed my secret troop into their main camp, long before I reached here."
The four men gaped at his words.
"When did you start planning it, General Han?"
"Of course, from the time the Emperor made up his decision to take up on the Li Country. Aren't I very meticulous in war strategies? That's my best trait, you know..."
Xing Chen chuckled as he said. And they continued to gaped for a while.

««we're almost there!!»»