Chapter 9

This  chapter leans more to the POV of Su Xing Chen.

The carriage stopped in front of the shopping district. Zhe Yun said that he wanted to spend some time bringing Xing Chen to go shopping and drinking afternoon tea. Right after they reached, Zhe Yun held Xing Chen's hand and helped him get off the horse carriage. They held hands like a loving couple, with their fingers interlocked. The newly wedded couple then strolled the street, looking at the stalls and the merchandises...
Hmnn? Xing Chen felt Zhe Yun removing their interlocking hands earlier, but why was he leaning so close and placing his hand on Xing Chen's waist, eating tofu?
Zhe Yun squeezed his waist a bit, making Xing Chen shuddered from his action.
This guy, why is he acting so flirtatious when we're outside? Fine, I should at least give him this face. I'll let you eat my tofu once in a while.
So, Xing Chen let Zhe Yun show off his affections, held his hand and waist affectionately, they walked. Xing Chen was starting to feel tired when his hubby suggested him to wait at the Green Spring Pavilion.
"Alright, I'll listen to you."
Xing Chen truly felt delighted at this suggestion. His eyes were even smiling. He remembered how much he had wanted to return to this place since the last time he came here, in male clothing. He was on the run, hiding away from the family. It was only last year when he ran off after hearing they were going to marry him off to another noble family. On the day he left home, he came across to this tea pavilion. And he fell in love with that steep of tea they made. And the glutinous pastries. But he was grounded at the manor after they brought him back without any way out until he married the General later.
Xing Chen walked into the pavilion, finding a seat on the second level, near the veranda where he could see the bustling street and the riverside to the west of the city. Ru Yan quietly stood by his side.
Xing Chen had them make the same order he once had then, and adding a few more types of pastries to go along with the tea. He enjoyed his tea in tranquility until someone just had to break his peace.
"Young lady, do you mind if I sit with you? This table has the best scenery view in this pavilion."
The handsome man in noble clothing immediately sat down before Xing Chen or Ru Yan could stop him. And the guard he brought with, had silently stood behind him.
"No, I'm still waiting for my companion. He only left for a moment. And he will be back soon."
Xing Chen took a glance at two men. At first glance, he already knew their identities.
"But I don't see you with anyone earlier when you came in. Why don't I accompany you until the person you're waiting for appears.."
"No need. I prefer some peace instead."
The man kept on chattering away nonstop. It made Xing Chen annoyed that he even lost his mood for the pastries. He gritted his teeth, and made a fist from under the table. He almost lost it, when he noticed the soured face of the man that made him waited. He was staring up from the street.
This Ah Yun, why does he keep on standing there? Does he want me to wave at him or something?
Xing Chen suddenly thought of an idea. A hint of smile appeared in his eyes before disappearing at that very instant. Ru Yan definitely smelled the trouble coming. She looked at her master, silently waiting to intercept anything that might happen.
Xing Chen reached out to one of the pastries in front of the man. Upon seeing up close of the fair and slender hand, any other men's would respond by grabbing onto it. And he did. But Xing Chen shrank away his hand promptly before he could even touched him. Xing Chen accidentally touched the hot tea pot, and stung the hand. He immediately squeezed out a tear.

««continuing in the next chapter, tee hee O(≧▽≦)O »»