Chapter 27 - Recovery

I slowly open my eyes seeing a flash of white then I feel pain turn my vision black and I'm unconcious once more, the second time I wake my vision is 10% clearer but I still feel a throbbing headache. I feel a cool hand slide around my neck and I realise that I'm dressed in a shirt and boxers and also smell faintly of chocolate. I look up and I see Kate's face, I smile then say "Yo". Her hand tightens and I choke, to weak to stand or even more I just choke. She leans over and says in my ear "Tell me why I shouldnt kill you". I then realise the killing intent she gives out and gulp, I lick my lips as I consider very carefully what my next words will be. I speak slowly "Aradon told me of a tournament that was going on. I was training and thought that it would be a good idea to participate, so I went and fought. After some minutes I won and was transported to a lavish reception room where I saw an old man who asked me what I wanted as a reward...". I stop and my eyes shift slightly and I see James and Aradon standing 3 feet behind Kate arms at their sides looking calm. Kate says "Keep talking". I nod slightly moving my eyes back to find her face then I continue "..I said knowledge, information of the various Daos, of creation and destruction, life and death, of gods, of the ancestors, of the various skills, arts, techniques, artificing and alchemy, I also learnt about-" Her hand moves to cover my mouth, Kate's dark aura receeds and she nods once saying "I believe you..you were out of it for a whole week and I wondered what the hell you did, you kept screaming and mumbling so we had to restrain you.." She stops suddenly a dark light flashing beneath her eyes "..If you happened to die I'd drag your soulback from the Underworld and remake you a new body..but I'd beat you within an inch of your damn life". I shiver and her hand moves back to her side, then she takes a step back as Aradon walks forward, he leans down with a smug expression on his face. He then snorts before saying "Hmph, your dumb ass didnt near die while fighting..but you did while acquiring knowledge?". My right eye twitches but I dont reply to him, instead I say 'Chin, if youre awake please punch Aradon in the face. Hard'. I hear no response for 3 seconds which troubles me then I sense a disturbance in the air as 6 figures drop from 2 feet into the air to the ground. I see the human figures of blacky, Gebu, Elle, thunder, lightning and Chin kowtowing in front of me and I think Aradon is under them. Chin raises his head but with effort I wave my hand dismissing his apology immediately. Chin's features tighten and I see sadness and regret in his pale green eyes, I move toward him with a smile on my face and say "Dont dwell on it guys, I was foolish. Shouldve taken the information in instalments and not just at once like I did". They all look up and I drag all except Chin back to their chambers. Chin opens his mouth which I close "I dont need your apology, it wa s my own stupid fault". Chin nods and I remove my hand then takes a deep breath. He stands with a calm expression n his face saying "As you wish master". Aradon who was squashed under them gets up with ruffled hair and starts muttering "Damned things you almost-hack". Chin punches him flat in the face with a full body attack and I see blood spray from Aradons nose before he collapses. I manage to put a low grade healing pill into my mouth and feel refreshed. I draw Chin back into his own chamber before swinging my legs over the side of the bed and standing up. Kate comes and takes my left arm over her shoulders and puts her right arm around my waist. I smile as I see she's 2 inches taller than me before nudging her to Aradon's prone figure. I raise my right leg releasing all of my aura and golden body to its limit. My leg descends on his stomach and I hear a soft groan from his lips. I nod in satisfaction before looking around. The room is 50 feet by 50 feet, white tiled and white walled I believe its the recuperation room.

Notifications comes into view: [Medium recuperation room. Buffs acquired are: Accelerated healing regeneration by 300% and accelerated mana regeneration increased by 300%.]

[User has acquired increased stats: Strengh: Times 600% Speed: Times 600% Vitality: Times 500% Dexterity: Times 600%]

[Natural skill with wielding a spear has increased by 400%.]