3

"well that's not a pleasant sight." jisung sighed as we walked passed the table occupied by taeyong and his friends who were currently 'flirting' with a different girl from last week.

"what's not pleasant about that?" i asked, curious on what he would answer.

"the fact that he does it out in public with someone who is, obviously, different from a time ago and just-" he sighed as we sat down on a table we found. "i don't like it"

lunch went fast as we both said interesting things that happened throughout the day. we both exchanged stories, laughs, and a little playful hitting once in a while. this was the part of being with jisung that i enjoyed the most.

"i'm going jisung-ah, you should too" i said to him as he took the last bite out of his sandwich and stood up. we went different ways after that as we were in, obviously, different years.

i passed by the comfort room after that and my locker which made me a bit late for our first afternoon class. as i read the room, i heard our teacher calling out names for attendance. i tried to get to my seat as quietly as i could but, of course, i was called out.

"ms. han! of all the subject you have in a day, you pick this as the one you want to be late in? detention!" she quickly reprimanded. 

"but don't we have exams the next day? wouldn't i need to study?" she paused for a while and thought about what i said. this will be my first and last time that i will say that i was glad that we have an exam tomorrow.

"i guess you're right... but you still need to get detention" it was as if her eyes lit up as she saw taeyong, our unfortunate school council president, walk by.

"oh, lee taeyong-ssi? i think we need to teach this girl a lesson for being late, right?" she asked the man standing in front of her who nodded with her question. "please guide her to detention"

i looked at her in disbelief. detention is for the end of school! and instead of making me leave early to study, she's making me skip all our afternoon classes. now i don't know what's worst.

"just go ms. han, you might miss the classes but at least you'll get to study for tomorrow's classes, right?" she said with a smile on her place. well, i guess she has a point.

i went out of the room and walked towards detention. she wants me to be guided because she thinks that i'll skip, well no, i don't do that. instead, i get to detention with this lee taeyong, great.

"it's so unfair" i voiced out.

"it's not, you're late and you deserved to be punished" he answered calmly.

"yes, it's unfair! you're such a terrible person and yet you're still this high up" i burst out, surprising him and myself in the process.

"i never knew you were jealous of me haeun, that's interesting," he said with an interested gaze as he looked at me. i stopped right there and entered the room and i can't believe i just talked, no, voiced out that little insecurity in me.