45

"bang!" jisung suddenly shouted in between his sobs. "i didn't mean that bang, haeun." jisung fell on his knees as he looked at taeyong who was losing blood quickly, but they were both too petrified of their actions to do anything.

"jisung."

"i didn't know what it was, but i was just shocked at what happened. i was a child and i was so clueless and anger was the only thing i felt inside of me. i didn't know what went in my head but i just-- bang!" 

as jisung confessed, everything just suddenly fits. no wonder she always felt something missing, no one ever said who killed taeyong's father. she understood jisung's pain and anger on what happened as she was going through it now. they were like parallels: jisung to taeyong's father and her to taeyong himself. 

"jisung, i don't know what to feel about this."

"i'm sorry. it was still wrong of me to do so, i'm completely guilty. haeun, this is all my doing and you still have a chance to run away. you didn't shoot-- you couldn't shoot. you loved him, yet you were clouded by your anger. i'm sorry."

haeun's life flashed before her eyes. she remembered everything she did just to get this revenge-- revenge from how their relationship ended up to her mother's death. she did so many things and she felt intense guilt. now, she also has to think about giving the blame to her brother-- it was too much for her. 

"haeun!" jisung shouted.

the events happened too fast that jisung couldn't move from his spot and he just watched his sister fall to the ground. this looked like deja vu to him-- it was just like how his mother fell to her demise right before his eyes.

she killed herself.

"i'm sorry that it has to end this way, jisung. take care," she said. that was all she managed to say to her brother who cried looking at her. despite his desperate cries for her to hold on, she felt herself growing weak. she won't survive. haeun looked at taeyong's lifeless body beside her and reached out for his hand and held it.

haeun smiled as she closed her eyes, starting her rest. every wrongdoing that she has committed in the name of love was now paid in full, with the price of her life.