27

the nakamoto slowly opened the door to his house, carefully, as to not wake his parents up. he invited me to his house for a night over, but i clearly wasn't aware that his parents didn't know. we haven't talked about last night's events nor have we talked that much today at all. he persuaded me to come, though because, quote, "taeyong might come to your house and of course, you can handle him but just come here to piss him off." he tried his best to silently open the door to his room, but a small 'click' escaped as we closed it.

"shit... but i think we're cool." we both exhaled the breaths we didn't know we held as we knew we were safe from potential 'danger'.

"nice room," i said looking at the countless picture frames and posters in his room.

"it's not! look how messy it is, but i don't have the time to clean it," he answered with a pout before looking through his closet.

"i'll sleep on the floor," i said as i dropped my things and laid down as he looked at me, confused.

"umm, no way? i wouldn't invite you to be treated like that."

"i didn't come to get treated like that."

"hey! i'm trying to treat you nicely!"

"i'm fine mr. nakamoto yuta, i'm comfortable with the floor," i reassured as cornered myself between his bed and side table and i wouldn't lie, it was a bit comfortable because he has a nice mattress.

suddenly, yuta lifted me up in a bridal style and laid me on the bed. i tried my best not to scream to not wake up his parents, but a small shriek still came out of me. 

"my house my rules? anyways, good dreams."

no one's pov

the boy stood up from the floor and quietly exited his room trying to not wake up the girl. it was fairly dark and the moonlight was his only guide to the kitchen. he opened his fridge and got some milk before pulling out his phone from his pocket. yuta scrolled past the hundreds of contacts he had to search for the name of the one person he wanted to call at this moment.

"hyung, i'm sorry..." he started.

"for what, yuta?" the man asked.

"for what happened, for what i said or acted out there," he guiltily said.

"my gosh, yuta, that's fine," the elder answered simply.

"but i also want to ask, was the reason you said... true?" 

"yes," taeyong answered hesitantly.

"don't lie," yuta started once again. "do you like her?"

"what? no! yuta, why would i?" taeyong shouted with a hint of anger which made yuta doubt his answer, but he didn't question him any longer.

"thanks," yuta said as he tried to make it sound like he was thankful, showing no hint of hid doubt in the older's answer. he quickly ended the call and foolishly grinned as he imagined taeyong's reaction to him suddenly hanging up.

yuta's pov

as i thought about it, over and over, i now understood what was happening to lee taeyong. he's no different, he's no different from what he's supposed to be, the school's famous player. over any other girl, he never gets confused, flustered, and mad over one kiss, he's gotten a collection of kisses, so why would this particular one be sealed off in a trophy case?

there's something, there was something. it wasn't taeyong who was different, it was her. it was his usual plan, lead the girl in and throw her through his endless pit and he succeeded. but, he didn't expect that she'll get out and want more than she was given, but there's more though. there was something about her, something about her that made taeyong so attached and she'll probably the closest thing to what he can care about.

who would ever guess that the girl sleeping inside my room will be the ticket to the end of my quest? the quest to get what i want the most, revenge.

i come in my room and see her peacefully sleeping in the bed. we're the same, we want something, we just want more. she's the best thing i want, my queen who will keep protecting the king until she gets taken out by the enemy or if she wins. she can play me all she wants, but two can play this game and so, the real game starts.

"goodnight, baby girl."