43

"but babe before we end this, you gotta know the whole truth." taeyong walked to the staircase and sat on the first step. "you wanna know? do you wanna know the whole story of how your mother fell to her demise? do you wanna know how my father plotted to kill that little boy you called your brother? do you wanna know-"

"stop!" haeun shouted as she covered her ears to stop herself from hearing taeyong's supposed nonsense. she didn't want to feel weak, not in front of him at least. that was what he wanted her to show-- weakness, and his way of getting that is going tackling her soft spot which was her family.

taeyong arched his head back as he roared out a laugh while seeing the girl out of focus. 'yes, she's breaking down' he thought, but what surprised him is that when he looked back, she was nowhere to be found.

"shit," he cursed. "haeun, come out, come out wherever you are." he looked at the empty room in an attempt to find the girl. he held his gun up while being alert for the girl.

click.

he heard the safety catch turn off from another gun. haeun was directly behind him with the gun pointing to the back of his head. taeyong raised his hands and dropped his gun to the floor in a sign of surrender.

"now before your head blasts off, tell me everything that happened that day," haeun said with a deep and dark controlling voice. tayeong wouldn't lie, this was the moment that made him most surprised by the girl.

"then fine, i'll tell you everything from my point of view."

bang!

i ran to where the sound came from. that sound was familiar, it was scary and i didn't like how it rang in my ears.

when i reached the room, i saw my father crying over the woman he asked us to call mom. she was lying in the ground for some reason-- i couldn't see well because father was blocking the view.

mom was a good person. she offered us help when our own mom was in the hospital. she cared for us when we were in need and maybe that's why father liked her so much, but that was quite a problem as he liked her too much. he asked for her hand in marriage too soon after our mother's death.

the room was filled with echoes of father's cries. i looked at jisung who was on the floor with a face full of shock, so i moved closer to where they were, and i saw a big pool of blood and a gun on the floor.

"what... what happened?" i asked in shock.

"she's gone... your mother is gone," he said in between his cries.

i couldn't believe the sight in front of me and it was too much to take in. i didn't know what happened but whatever did, it didn't end up well obviously. but as i stared in shock of my mother's corpse, i heard another loud bang,

then the next thing i saw was my father slumping on mother's body.