13

"i wish yesterday just didn't happen," i muttered as i sat down on my chair and placed my head down. it was a bad memory and i did my best to forget that, but it just had to come back because of a stupid mistake.

"why?" jisung suddenly appeared beside my desk. he was, of course, clueless of what happened yesterday, but he looked like he really wanted to know.

"a memory just occurred to me yesterday, i guess, and it was a bad memory i would rather forget," i quickly said to finish the conversation. jisung nodded slowly and just sat there next to me.

"well, whatever that memory is, i pray to the spirits that han haeun forgets them!" jisung shouted while he stood up on the chair as if he were a politician, looking for an appeal. jisung, i thought, always thoughtful and always there to cheer you up.

"hmm, aren't you going to pick that up?" he asked as he jumped down from the chair. 

"pick what up?" i asked as my thoughts were stopped. 

"your phone, of course." he handed out my ringing phone. it was from an unknown number. 

"it's your lover boy," he whispered, but with an annoying face.

"lover boy?" i looked at him with an 'angry' face and he knowingly stood up and ran. "get back here, jisung!"

i ran to chase him as fast as i can. most of the senior students didn't have classes by this period so they were all in the corridors. jisung and i had our fair share of embarrassment as we ran the multitude of people. they looked at us weirdly, but others were a bit used to how we played around as we've been here for years.

"caught you," i said as i held the back of his uniform to prevent him from running away. 

after our classes ended, jisung and i went to a nearby park. we both agreed to get ice cream one day, but because of various plans, it never happened. we were both free today, considering exams just ended, and we decided to get the plan over with.

"we should do this more often, you know?" i said to him as we strolled through the park. there were different shades of orange and red since the sun was setting by this time. i guess these small trips jisung and i make can be a good memory and so i want to make more of them.

"yup, but we should do this when school isn't such a bother." he placed his arm behind me and we strolled as we marveled at the amazing sunset.

"noona," jisung called out suddenly, "i actually don't want you ending up with taeyong hyung." he looked at me with a sort of panicking face because i might've reacted negatively, but he regained his composure and held out his pinky finger which i gladly intertwined mine with.

"i miss mom," he blurted.

"jisung," i started. "you never really elaborated on what happened after you left and-" i gulped as i looked him in the eye-"and how she really died."

he made a deep sigh and looked at me while both his hands were on my shoulders. "i guess, it's time."