29

"you're an angel, aren't you?" the boy asked the woman beside him in the swing. she was wearing a white dress, but her face looked sad.

"hmm, if you like maybe you can call me that?" she said unsure which made her chuckle a bit. the boy looked at her and she looked back. his eyes said that he was very fond of her even if they haven't really talked before.

at 3 in the afternoon, the woman would go to the playground and just swing until she feels better. somehow, when she swung back and forth, higher or lower, she can feel the wind like it was hugging her and that's why she always ends up happy after it. on the third day, since she started coming to that playground, there was this one boy who sat beside her swing and would just stay there until before the sun sets. she was curious, all the other kids his age would run out of the school gate and into their parent's arms, but he didn't.

"why don't you go to your parents as all the other kids do?"

"because they haven't come back from that one friend they've always wanted to meet... their friend up there." the boy pointed upwards and the woman followed. it was kind of sad that the kid was so innocent and clueless to where his parents have really gone or maybe he just refuses to believe the truth. "but it's okay though if they don't come back. they said to me that when they're with their friend, they will watch me from the highest point of the world and they'll always be there for me."

unconsciously, tears fell from the woman's eyes which she quickly tried to conceal from the boy, but he failed to not notice what had happened. he quickly stood up and went in front of the crying woman and wiped her tears.

"ms. angel, don't cry. whatever the reason is, you shouldn't cry. i'll cry if you cry," he said as he pouted which made the woman let out a small laugh.

"you know, i have a daughter who is probably the same age as you. she said the same words to me every time she would see me like this."

"then she's a good girl."

"oh, she is."

from that day on, the two became close. the woman would come there every day to see the boy and sometimes, they'd stay for picnics and would wait until the stars come out. they would laugh, say their problems and help each other out. there was even this one time that the boy got his classes canceled, so she secretly brought him to her house to watch a movie.

there was something about that boy that made her fond of him so much. maybe it was the fact that he and he daughter had similar traits? or that he just misses someone to take care of? jisung was getting older and mature. even though she doesn't want to admit it, she still doesn't feel right with this family she's been staying with. there was something missing and this boy just filled it up for her.

one day, the boy went out holding this drawing he made in class for her. he gave his best efforts just to make it as pretty as possible. but there was something odd... the woman, she wasn't there. he thought that maybe she was just running late, but that never happened, but he waited, he waited and waited, but he felt that there was something wrong. he ran to her house as fast as he could and as he was about to knock, he realized that the door was opened, so he looked in. the sight was horrible, there was this thing he didn't want to see. when he was younger and was with his parents, he saw this one cool toy that he wanted them to buy, but his parents got and saying that it was a bad object and that it is dangerous especially the real one. he should never get hold of it and if he sees a real one, run. but there was this man holding it and pointing to a boy. he wanted to run, but he also wanted to call for help but he was paralyzed, he was scared. then, bang. it all happened in a blink of an eye. he heard a body collapsing and crying from a man. he looked inside and there he saw all the red liquid that he knew was blood.

"son," he heard the man say and he saw this tall boy budge a bit, so he's that bad man's son he thought. then he heard another bang and he saw the man collapsing on the floor. serves him right he thought. then there was this new feeling he felt and he can't say that he hated it, but when he saw that man collapse and all the blood spilled on the floor, he smiled. he wanted to let him pay for what he did and death is nothing, it still can't pay the price of what he did. and from that day on, he wanted to kill everything important to him just because he wants them to suffer, suffer for what he did. unfair? he doesn't care. they brought that to her and they're going to pay. they will. that boy who he later knew was named taeyong, was going to pay for what his father did to his mom.

"i swear, he will pay. i, yuta, will make sure of that."