21

"jisung!" i shouted as i went to his table.

"haeun, it's only two though? it's either you come or you don't, but never late," he stated as he eyes me suspiciously. "where were you?"

"i needed to talk to someone," i simply answered. he pointed to his ear, meaning that i should listen, as he gestured me to be quiet and be casual.

"haeun and yuta? nakamoto yuta?" i heard the girl exclaim in shock. she nearly choked on her food as she received the news and that news made me grin.

"haeun, what is this?" jisung asked seriously. he was obviously disappointed because i didn't tell him and because it was just sudden. he sighed as he discarded his tray and walked away from the cafeteria. i just followed him as he looked down the floor and i did the same and i didn't notice that he stopped, so i collided with him.

"i'm sorry noona, i guess that came out harshly." he rubbed the back of his neck as he apologized which made me more disappointed as he didn't need to apologize because this is all because of me; because i couldn't control myself, my feelings, and my desires.

"no, i'm sorry. it's just, everything's a mess and- i first met yuta when i was hanging out with taeyong. we never really talked to each other, but he was always there to help when i had difficult situations in their group and he had a lot of kind gestures towards me and when that happened... guess he was just there," i recalled. it was true, but the only wrong in there was the hint that i like yuta, that was actually negative.

"sorry, i didn't know." he placed his hand on my shoulder and looked down at me. "it's just that taeyong happened and i got scared to hear that you were with another person after 2 weeks, i guess, but who am i to interfere with your love life, right? just know that i'll always be here for you, noona." he gave me a hug right after that and then the bell rung, so he ran towards his class before looking back and giving a big wave.

sometimes i think that i really don't deserve jisung. sure, we treat each other as friends, but that sibling feeling never left him. i feel bad, to be honest because i'm the one who should be taking care of him since i'm older, not the other way around. i know that he'll always be there for me because if it wasn't true, then we wouldn't have found each other after all those years of being apart.

"someone's here for you haeun, act nice," father reminded before opening the front door. "taeyong, what a surprise."

i didn't care if father got mad, i just walked away from both of them and went into my room, locking it. "she'll loosen up, just wait a bit." i heard my dad's muffled voice as he guided him in front of my room and went up to his office.

"you're forgetting the bet haeun," he reminded through the door.

"don't you get it taeyong? i won"

"how, exactly?"

"simple, that damn thing was a mistake and the aftermath was a proof that everything didn't work out"

"a mistake huh?"

"totally. no affection, no meaning, no anything."

"so you can do that? so you can have your freedom? can you even live with that?" 

i quickly opened my door with anger and looked at him in frustration. apparently, he was too close which made me a bit flustered, but there was no more time for that, i needed to face him and so i walked forward while he retraced his steps.

"of course i can live with that taeyong because that freedom just meant that you wouldn't do anything to me, but that doesn't mean i'm out of limits from you." he was trapped between me and the counter so there was no more room behind him to get away. "remember this taeyong, you messed me the fuck up so don't think i'm done with you." i walked back to my room and slammed the door loudly, hoping that he would leave. 

and he did.

i lied down on my bed to fully process everything that i have done. just for today, it was eventful with just lying to jisung, but the fact i confronted taeyong with that power was something i never thought i could do. with all the things that happened today, good or bad, i didn't regret any of it.