Chapter 2.

Battle Scars

Chapter 2

We walk to the bus stop and sit on the bench.

Shawn's mom had in fact made us a huge breakfast. It's finals week at school and I'm so excited to get this over with.

I still dread going to school this week. I always do.

I'm constantly bullied for staying at Shawn's all the time. I try to make people understand that we are just bestfriends. They don't understand. I'm called things like 'whore' and 'hooker' all the time. I'm not. I've never done any of that stuff before. They think I'm Shawn's toy but I'm not. I would never do that stuff with Shawn. That's gross. Would you do it with your bestfriend? No.

The bus pulls up and we quickly get in.

Aaliyah sits up front with her friends and Shawn and I head to our usual spot in the back.

I take the window seat and Shawn sets on the outside.

He thinks he is protecting me by sitting on the isle seat.

Shawn is so protective of me and when people pick on me it really tears him up. I hear someone call me "whorey Rorey"

Aurora is my middle name, making Rorey a natural go to.

Shawn jerks up out of the seat but I pull him back down.

"Shawn. It's not worth it. We know the truth that's all that matters. It's okay." I give him a little smile before leaning my head against the window as I watch the road pass by.

"No Bailee. It's not alright. They need to stop." He whispers to me.

I shake my head.

I don't know why it's such a big deal to everyone that I stay with Shawn.

We met as kids and we have been bestfriends all our lives. When my parents died in the 9/11 terrorist attack his family let me live with them.

There is NOTHING wrong with us. With our friendship. He saved me.

I'm not gonna let him get in trouble cause people are calling me names. Yeah, it hurts.

But I owe Shawn and his family.

(The girl In the picture is who I picture as Bailee. I got on Instagram, typed in Bailee, and found a Bailee.) < which is now Maggie L>