Chapter 20

Battle Scars

Chapter 20

*8 years ago*

Shawn sat with me playing dinosaur vs. princess.

"Rawr! Mr. Rex is going to bite you Princess Bailee!" he giggles.

"NO!!" I shriek pretending to run away from the scary Mr. Rex.

I wait for Shawn to play along, but he just sits there staring at me.

"I love you Bailee." He says

"No you don't silly! Only mommies and daddies love each other!" I laugh ignoring the pain of missing my own parents.

"Mum says that when you really love someone, you know you would do anything for them, and you want to marry them." He smiles.

I stare at him. He didn't mean it obviously he was probably playing a game.

"Someday I'm going to marry you Bailee. We can love each other like parents do." He said to me.

"Shawn! Bailee! Jacks here come on let's go get some ice cream!" Shawn's dad calls from the living room.

Jack sits by me in the car and I blush, while Shawn sits there being grumpy.

"Jack, stop." He says.

"Stop what?" he laughs.

"She's mine." Shawn says.

"No she's not." He gives Shawn a little push in the shoulder.

His face goes red and they start to hit each other.

"Mr. Mendes! Mr. Mendes! make them stop!" I cry, panicking, thinking the worst, since I was 7.

He stopped the car and Shawn and Jack both got taken outside the car, as he talked to them.

When they got back in it was like nothing happened at all.

I look at them both.

Shawn watches the trees pass and Jack is looking straight ahead through the windshield.

I slide my hand into his and he smiles at me.

I love him.

(Photo: BABYYGABWJE SHAWNIEEE)