Chapter 12

Battle Scars

Chapter 12

About 30 minutes from Lunch bell, I get a text from Shawn.

S: Meet me outside the school at the courtyard during lunch😘

M: Okay? what's this about?

S: Just a little something I wanted to ask you....

M: Okay. But it better not be what I think it is. You know I don't want to!😘😘

S: just do it!!😜😜

I slip my phone back into my pocket and go back to resting my head against the desk as the others finish their test.

*******

When the bell rings I make my way to the courtyard.

The courtyard is the best part of our school.

It's adjacent to the cafeteria and gymnasium. There is an archway covered in vines and lovely pink roses.

There's a garden wrapped around the whole thing with shimmering lights strung above the gazebo in the center of the courtyard

I see Shawn sitting on a rail on the side of the gazebo.

"Hey Bai!" he smiles as I approach him.

He wraps his arms around me and kisses my head.

"What did you want to ask me Shawnieee?" I tease him.

"Bailee. Would you.......go to Junior prom with me? Please? I know you weren't planning on going and you totally despise proms but please? Things have changed between us and I really want us to go to prom."

He begs.

Uhhhh. Another place to be made fun of and hated on.

"Shawn. I can't. I don't have a prom dress and you don't have a tux. Proms in 2 days."

"I know it's last minute but this really means a lot to me. I've always imagined going to prom with you."

"Really?" I ask. I didn't know about that.

"Yes really. Baby, I love you. I always have."

"What? why didn't you tell me?"

"Bailee. How would I just tell my BESTFRIEND I'm crazy in love with her?"

"Oh. I love you too Shawn. Still, all the prom dresses are already picked over and they probably don't have anymore tuxs in your size."

"We will figure it out. My mom will take me and Aaliyah can go with you or the other way around."

"Ok. I'll go with you Shawn. Only because you want this and you're my everything."

Shawn sticks his fist out.

"Yes!"

I bump knuckles with him.

Looks like I'm going to my nightmare.

Prom.

(Photo: that Bailee character)

Battle Scars (Shawn Mendes, Hayes Grier, and Jack Gilinsky fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें