Chapter 24

Battle Scars

Chapter 24

*JACKS POV*

I pulled her into my arms the second she came into the house.

She is a wreck.

"Shhh..i've got you baby." I say, trying to soothe her.

"He-he.... I-i didn't" she tries to get out between cries but fails.

"What did he do?" I ask, trying to ease her through the conversation.

"I told him we should take a break....then h-he got really angry and told me to get out of his house." I can feel her tears soaking through my shirt ,but I honestly don't give a shit. She is all that matters.

"He's such an a-" I start but stop myself thinking I'll only make it worse.

"Bailee?"

"Y-yes" she hiccups

"Do you wanna sleep on the couch or......"

She thinks for a minute before giving her answer, and the answer actually opens some questions from me....

"Couch." She says,I pick her up set her on the couch and cover her with a blanket.

"Goodnight Bailee. If you need anything I'm here."

"Goodbye Gilinsky." She says seeming kind of distant.

Her eyes slowly shut and her breathing evens out. I run my hand over her soft hair.

She's so beautiful.

She's so not mine.

I mentally give her a kiss on the cheek cause I don't want to risk waking her.

I shut my door as quietly as possible.

We will talk about things tomorrow.

___

*BAILEES POV*

I lift myself off the couch as quietly as possible and fold the blanket.

I try to tiptoe across the room to where I thought I left my house shoes. Sure enough, they aren't there. Yeah. Of course.

I look around the door and slide them on. I'm about to shut the door, but stop, thinking to myself I should write something. A note.

Dear Jack,

I'm so sorry I had to do this...and yes, I did have to, for I was destroying our friendship.

I hope that you and Shawn will be able to forget me.

Lord knows it should be easy for everyone else.

I'm going to stay with some friends in the South. I will be happy, and more than fine.

I hate myself so much for everything I did to Shawn.

I ruined his life. I know I did because I witnessed it crumble.

I hate myself for the huge burden I placed on the Mendes' when I moved in, oh so long ago.

I hate myself for worrying everybody.

I hate myself for the secret Shawn and I have. I blame myself. Maybe he will tell you of our love....

Lastly, I hate myself for forgetting you, Jack. You loved me as a child, and I loved you.

I have ruined everybody's lives and I'm so, so sorry.

Goodbye Jack.

-Bailee

I set it on the couch and as quiet as possible, I walk out of their lives. Forever.

(AN: crying cause BAILEES parents died on 9/11 and that's today😭😭)

(Photo: Shawn being an oblivious dork)