Chapter 32

Battle Scars

Chapter 32

*BAILEES POV*

I stretch my body and yawn as soon as my alarm goes off.

I groan and roll over trying to stop the annoying tone that keeps ringing in my ear.

My hands roam blindly around the table before the bump into something, and it falls to the floor.

My cup.

Fu-

"What is that?"

I jump and look behind me.

Nash.

"My cup fell." I sigh.

"No I mean that buzzing." He covers his ears and winces.

"Sorry,its my alarm. Did it wake you?" I ask.

"No. I haven't even went to bed yet." He smiles.

He's one of those teens.

I make a mental note and then stand up.

"Well some people need sleep in able to function." I laugh.

He laughs along with me and I step by him and to the hall closet to get a towel.

"Have fun." He smiles and runs a smile through his hair, which I can now see is wet.

I roll my eyes at him.

"I will."

I close the bathroom door and start the shower. As I wait for the water to turn hot, I realize what exactly he meant by, 'fun'.

He used the hot water. Great.

The ice cold water rolls down my spine and I hiss.

Little chill bumps cover my arms.

Yeah. Thanks a lot Nash.

I'm not mad at him though. I mean, this is his house. He let me stay here and I'm grateful for everything.

I rinse the soap of my body, and pour a little pool of shampoo on my hand and massage it onto my head.

My phone sits on the sink, shuffling through songs on my favorite app, Spotify.

The song that plays almost stops my heart from beating as I recall the last time I heard it.

All of The Stars by Ed Sheeran. The song Shawn and I danced to at prom.

The tears that escape me are lost in the cold water that runs down my body.

I take deep breaths and rinse out my hair.

I turn the knob and grap the towel.

I change the song to something more upbeat.

I can't help but let a few words escape as I dry and straighten my hair.

"If you gave me a chance I would take it, its a shot in the dark" I smile as I pin my hair back.

I open the door to see Hayes.

"Wow" he says.

"Wow what?" I ask

"I haven't heard you sing in a while," he stumbles through his explanation, " um- are you finished in here?" he asks.

"Yeah." I straighten up my mess and go back to my room.

--

Nash, Hayes, and I split up and shop at our favorite places, while Elizabeth takes Skylynn over to Claire's.

"Cam texted me. He said that they are having the party tomorrow night instead cause his girlfriend is sick." Nash says while I look around in Forever 21.

"Okay." I say.

After countless hours of shopping and shopping, I tell the guys I need to go to the restroom. .

Hayes waves and walks toward the food court.

I turn the corner and collide with something.

Someone.

A hand wraps around my mouth and I'm pulled out of the mall as I struggle against the grip. I hear unfamiliar voices.

"Bag her." The voice commands.

It's a girls voice. Not to light, but not masculine either.

The put something around my mouth and put a bag over my head.

All I can think in my head is

Help me Hayes.

(Photo: Hayes helping)