Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Battle Scars

~TWO WEEKS LATER~

|Bailee's P.O.V.|

Guilty. She pleaded guilty, her and also her accomplices.
She should rot in that sell for what she did to Shawn.
For what she did to all of us.

"Bailee shake it off, we can move on now" everybody tells me.

I'm trying to move on, but when someone not only threatens me, and actually does it, of course it's gonna leave a little mark.

I open my umbrella as I walk towards the house.
It's pouring down rain and I can't help but feel a little forgotten as my birthday was last week. I didn't get a single text. None.

I shake the rain of my umbrella and reach for the knob. I gasp as the door opens, and not from me.

Hayes.

"Hey Bailee." He says.

"Hi Hayes...." I say. Why is he greeting me at the door? He has never done this before....

"So...I know you're probably wondering what I'm doing.. Well it's a surprise. Actually, I have two surprises. Come on." He blurts in almost one breath.

"Um okay?..."

He takes my hand and drags me into he living room.

"HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BAILEE!" Everybody is here, including people I've never met.

"Thank y'all so much for this. I honestly didn't suspect anything! I love you all so much and thank you again for being here." I say and everyone starts back their previous conversations.

As I walk around saying a few kind words to the people here, I stop at a stranger. He looks about my age and wears kaki pants and a wife beater, despite the weather.

"Bailee?" he smiles and hugs me.

I squirm, not knowing this guy who is hugging me so close.

"Yes.."

"My name is Taylor. Taylor Caniff."

~

"How old are you?" I ask not believing any of this. My parents wouldn't have done that to me. They wouldn't have given him up, or me.

"The same age as you Bailee. We're twins." He says.

"I don't understand." I stop. This can't be true. This couldn't have happened.

"When our dad was 18, our mom was 16. She found out she was pregnant one day and a couple months later, news was, she was having twins." He explains with a smile.

"How are our last names the same, if we belong to different families? My parents last name is Caniff." I counter, not letting him drag me into this little illusion he's made up.

"You where lucky Bailee. You where taken by our dads brother. You where raised into a good life."

"Where did you go?.." I ask, curious to find out about my twin brother.

"I went to our moms side of the family. Of course, they are nothing like her."
He frowns and sort of flinches at the memory.

"What did they do?"

"They where abusive." He sighs.

I had myself convinced, I wasn't going to fall for this, but everything he's saying is so....exciting. I could have parents.

"Where are our parents now?" I ask

"At home, I guess." He smiles.

"Do you live with them now?"

"Yeah, and you can too" he smiles.

"I'll have to think on that one. I did, after all, just meet you." I say trying to be as kind as possible.

"Why did they give us up?" I ask.

"They where too young, they weren't ready to be parents." He explains and I feel the familiarity. As much as anyone would like to hate them for there actions, I made the same ones. My outcome wasn't as good though.

(A/N I wrote this chapter while hunting w/ my dad so don't judge I worked hard.)

(Photo: that Taylor Caniff guy)