Chapter 36

Battle Scars

Chapter 36

*BAILEES POV*

It all went down so fast.

The crack piercing our ears, as the bullet shot into him.

I cried as I raced over to him holding his arm. If Nash wouldn't have been there it would have shot straight through his heart.

As soon as Lexi raised the gun Nash knocked it out of her hand, staggering her aim but not the shot.

The cop that came with them had called backup upon arrival. They took Lexi and her accomplices to prison, no questions asked.

There will be a trial and everything soon, but right now all I could think about was Shawn bleeding out in my arms as we waited for the ambulance to appear.

"Nash what am I supposed to tell them? The cops just left us!" I cry.

"I don't know Bailee. Just don't say anything they could use to make it sound like we caused this." Nash said.

"Are you just saying that because you watch to much Law and Order?" I crack a smile as the tears still run down my face.

He wipes the tears off my face and stands up.

"Hayes. Come with me." They step out of the room and I think it was a plot to give me alone time with Shawn.

"Shawnie?"

I run my hands through his short, curly, brown hair.

"Bailee..." He chokes out, clutching his arm.

"Why did you come here? You could have gotten killed!"

"As apposed to what? you getting killed? That's what would have happened, but she would have drug it out. Tortured you!" he hisses through his teeth.

"Well do you know how much easier that would have been? You wouldn't have been shot, we wouldn't be in a legal mess!?"

"The pain from losing you, permanently, would be unbearable. This pain, is bearable. It hurts less than that ever would. If you died...," he takes in a shallow breath, "I couldn't take it. I couldn't make it without a Bailee Aurora Caniff in this world. I love you. I always have and I always will. Nothing, will ever change that. However; I could grow and love you more in ways I never could before. Bailee please don't leave me." He says.

"Leave you?" I ask

"Yeah. Don't blame this on yourself. It wasn't your fault. Nobody blames you."

"Shawn...." I trail off.

I can't rush into anything with Shawn, I don't know my own feelings anymore.

Theres, Gilinsky, Hayes, and Shawn.
They have all played a huge part in my love life.

Gilinsky, being my first love and being there for me when I needed him most of all.

Hayes, understanding how I hurt inside. Helping me to move on. Try to help me get over my past, and start building a future.

And finally, Shawn.

The boy who had me falling head over heels. The boy whom I would trust my whole life in his hands. No matter what happens to me, ever, I could never forget him. It's impossible. He was the father of my first child. The father of my son...Luke.

"Hold on Shawn. I'm sure their almost here." I say trying to avoid anything that could confuse us both.

He understands exactly what I'm doing by the look on his face. His groans as he lifts himself and positions his head away from me.

"Shawn?"

"Bailee. Just go. See if the ambulance is here yet. My arm hurts like piss."

I swallow my pride and leave him. Sure enough the paramedics swarm in carrying Shawn away on a gurney.

"Who is closest to him?" the woman asks, wanting one of us to ride in the ambulance back to the hospital.

The boys look to me but I look away. I don't think he would agree with our closeness seeing as how he just pushed me away.

(AN: Songs I listened to while writing this chapter....
Better Dig Two- The Band Perry
Blown Away- Carrie Underwood
Colder Weather- Zack Brown Band
Drunk On You- Luke Bryan
Friend Of The Devil- Grateful Dead
Hallelujah- from "Shrek"
I NeeD A Doctor- Dr. Dre
Kiss tomorrow Goodbye- Luke Bryan
Love The Way You Lie- eminem
Lose Yourself- Eminem
Mockingbird- Eminem
Perfect Two- auburn
The Parting Glass- The wailin' Jenny's
Run Daddy Run- Pistol Annie's
Safe and Sound- Taylor Swift
She's Everything- Brad Paisley
Stay Stay Stay- Taylor Swift
Sugarcane- Missy Higgins
Fireflies- Owl City
Steal My Girl- One Direction)

(Photo: random gun from Instagram #gun)