Chapter 15

Battle Scars

Chapter 15

Shawn and I pack our bags for our vacation.

We decided to go to North Carolina first. Why? I don't know.

I pack some sunscreen and other toiletries for the trip.

I don't pack any 'special' feminine products, for the simple thing being, I'm 99% sure I'm pregnant. All the signs lead me to believe so. I mean... I've had morning sickness, missed periods, appetite changes....

"Shawn?"

"Yeah?" he replies as he walks up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, his chin on my shoulder.

"Do you think it's a boy or a girl?" I ask leaning my head onto his.

"I don't know... Maybe a boy. I think it would be cool to have a little boy, but if it's a little girl... you know that would be special. Our own little princess." He smiles as he kisses my cheek.

"I hope he OR she looks like you, Shawn." I turn in his arms and put my hands on his chest.

"What?! You would really do that to our child!?" He teases.

"No, really Shawn. You're perfect."

He lifts my chin to level our faces. My eyes meet his.

"Bailee, no one thing is perfect. It's more of a collaboration of things, coming together as one to form a thing called 'perfect'. I am not perfect. But, we, we are perfect." He tells me as I stare into his beautiful brown eyes.

We finish packing and set our bags near the door.

We leave at midnight.

"Shawn? Sweetie can we talk for a second?" his mom calls.

He smiles at me and I sit on my bed.

"Be right back." he says before leaving me alone in the room.

***

*SHAWNS POV*

I walk over to my mum and sit across from her on a stool, at the kitchen island.

"Shawn..we need to talk about some things, rules, before you too love birds go out alone." She says with a serious face.

I immediately know what's coming.

I blush a little as mom continues.

"You know I trust you two that you won't have sex until your older, but if you do, I know you'll be safe about it? You two need to take care of yourselves since I'm giving you this summer to yourselves." I put my head in my hands.

It's a little late for this speech.

"Mom. We will be okay." I manage to give her a little smile even though I am scared and stressed in the inside.

"Okay. Y'all come in here and hang with Aaliyah and I until you leave. Gah that kids gonna miss y'all." She gives a little laugh and goes into the living room.

I go back to my room.

"What was that about?" Bailee asks with a smile.

"You know. She just wanted to review 'THE TALK'" I say with a couple over exaggerated winks.

She responds with her sweet little giggle that I love so much.

"Come on let's go hang with the crew before we gotta leave." I say taking her hand and pulling her to the living room.

It's 11:30.

Time to say our goodbyes.

(Photo: fictional pic of North Carolina)