Chapter 13

Battle Scars

Chapter 13

One thing I hadn't thought about was the fact that we haven't told Shawn's mom about us, but yet she is taking us Prom shopping...

I ask Shawn about that and he says, "Maybe we should tell her at dinner together. I think she suspects we are going with other people."

"Okay. Let's not mention the fact that we uhhh... You know."

I blush at that thought.

He kisses my lips.

"Yes. I know." He smiles at me.

"I don't think that's something you tell your mother." He laughs.

He gets his phone and texts Aaliyah.

S: bring me a coke please🙏🙏

A: maybe you should stop sucking face with Bailee and get it yourself. 😙

S: id rather thirst 😍😘

A: ewww ok brb

Only a couple seconds later Aaliyah busts into the door with Shawn's drink.

"Thanks sis" he says

"Do you want something Bailee?"

"Umm will you get me the bag of Hershey's bites pwetty PWEASE and a glass of orange juice? Luv you Aaliyah" she gives me a look and says, "luv you too." She heads back to the kitchen.

"Ew. Chocolate and Orange juice? that's sounds gross." Shawn giggles.

"Shut up I'm hungry." I punch him on the arm.

Aaliyah brings me my snack and goes back to her room.

********

At dinner I take my seat next to Shawn.

"Mom? Bailee and I have to tell you something." Shawn says. A smile creeps onto his face.

"We are.. we're a couple now."

She grins.

"I knew this day would come!"

She laughs

"Mom. Will you take us shopping? I want to take Bailee to prom.." he gives her a puppy dog face.

"Yeah. When is prom?"

"In 2 days."

"Woah. Ok. I can drop Aaliyah off with someone and I'll go with the other."

"Yeah!! Who wants me to come with them?!" Aaliyah asks

"Me of course!" I smile at her. She is really fun to be around and I wish she could be in our grade so we could be close friends.

Also, I feel that this is something Shawn should do with his mother.

It's something I wish I could do with my own mother.

My father would be so proud of us. He loved Shawn almost as much as he loved me.

We eat our dinner and I help clean up with Shawn's mom.

****

Aaliyah and I ship first at Angelina's Beauties.(A\N probably not a real thing lol)

I'm looking for a red dress. It's my favorite color and it goes well with my hair.

Aaliyah calls my name and holds up a dress.

It's beautiful.

"Looks like we don't have to look any further." I say to Aaliyah with a smile on my face.

I take it to the dressing room and put it on. I step out and show it to Aaliyah.

"What do you think?" I ask with a slight twirl.

"I think.....Shawn is going to love it!" She gives me a high five and I take off the dress and put it back on the hanger.

We go to the desk and pay for it. It's $433 but I managed pay for most of it with a small portion of my parents money I inherited. Shawn paid the rest.

"Thank y'all so much!" I tell the little old lady at the register.

"Your welcome hun'" she smiles and we head over to the car parked across the road at the tux rental store.

Shawn is inside wearing a really nice tux with a red tie.

We are going to look awesome together.

(Photo: B. A. I. L. E. E. C. )