*prologue*

Follow me on IG at the_goldenjournal for quotes and write ups.

"Look this one is even funnier" Jafar said with a booming laugh as he tried to show her another black panther meme as they strode into the hospital reception to check in.
"Even better than the last one" Amani chuckled in agreement.

"Dr Abubakar, Dr Suleiman" they both froze at the sound of the voice they had both been dreading to hear today, at least not until they had had a good amount of coffee to awaken them complete.

Jafar and Amani had both called in sick for two days in a row as the hospital was beginning to suffocate them physically, Amani loved working at the hospital but she needed a break.

They had used those two says to drive around abuja to every possible relaxation spot there was, restaurants and fast food joints included. It was fun and super relaxing, especially with the two being buddies and all. Only problem is they didn't expect the chief of surgery to notice their absence and now give them a serious warning. Ending with using his two fingers to trace from his eyes back to their faces, in an I'm watching you manner.

"I still think our relaxation bender was worth it" jafar commented as they strode to change into scrubs.

"Totally, I wouldn't be able to go on if I didn't have some kind of break"Amani added.

The residents locker room was not crowded as it was still a bit early, Wole, Salima and Parker were the only ones inside making small talk to each other and sipping coffee.

"Oh its such a pleasure again" note the sarcasm. Said Parker as he spotted Jafar

"Americana" Jafar boomed, he loved to call parker that for the sake of teasing him and Parker hated them both for it.

"Mahmud Kangiwa Hospital must have ceased all course of action in our absence, don't you think mani?" Jafar said slinging an arm over Parker's shoulders.

Amani chuckled, "I think Parker must have especially missed us" she said as she picked up her scrubs and made for the ladies room. The hustle and bustle of the room was drowned as she closed the door and began changing into her grey colored scrubs.

She felt so much more relaxed now as opposed to two days ago when she felt like she was going to pass out at the end of every day. Some say being a resident is the most hectic time for a surgeon in the making, it could make or break your career, and they were right too. Because right now residency was kicking her ass.

🌼🌼🌼🌼

Amani, Jafar, and Wole were walking through the now busy halls of Mahmud Kangiwa Teaching Hospital to the board to check which attending surgeons service they would be on. It would mean that they were to assist whoever that was, on all their assigned surgeries and consultations for the day.

"I'm so praying that I'm not on Bankole's service today" Jafar whined

"The man is hard to keep up with"
Both Amani And Wole agreed, Dr Bankole was a General surgeon in his early sixties, he was so disciplined and he applied it to every thing he did as well. Its easy to tell why interns and resident avoided him and even some of his colleagues, hint, the guy needed to loosen up and learn to smile a bit.

"Hey mani, look its your Secret Admirer, six o'clock" Jafar teased bumping her shoulder a bit.

She looked where he was pointing to see Dr Ali Mukhtar standing by the desk with a look of concentration on his face as he went through his phone.

"For the last time Jafar, he is not my secret admirer" she scoffed

Jafar liked to tease her about him because according to him the guy is head over heels for her. Of course she dismissed this theory of jafar's, because Ali mukhtar didn't know she existed at all, But she had to admit he was not hard to look at, his dreamy brown eyes and perfectly chiseled face, not to mention those sideburns and short curly hair, and that flawless milk chocolate like skin.