Chapter 3- To seek Help

Follow me on IG at *the_goldenjournal

*Amani*

"I need water" she croaked in an almost inaudible voice, I smiled reaching for the glass and filling it with water before gently pressing it to her lips, she pulled a way after sometime signifying she's had enough.
I kept the glass back on the table turning to her, "do you want something to eat layla? Mama brought samosa's for you earlier on and some sandwiches"  I prompted reaching for her hand and giving it a light squeeze.

"I'll have a sandwich" she replied the same flat expression she had on her face since when she woke up hours ago still present, her face held no emotion except for the look of tiredness in her eyes, her fair complexion becoming paler and eye bags gathering under her eyes.

"Okay" I replied turning to fix her one of mama's chicken sandwiches on a plate and handing it to her, she took small bites chewing slowly as I tried to look busy with something else not to make her uncomfortable by staring.

"Should I make you some tea? Or do you want coke maybe, its your favorite" I said smiling.

She shook her head and put back the plate on the table, she had only two bites but I was grateful she was beginning to eat at least.

"I want to go home" she said suddenly causing me to drop a cup. I'd been dreading this I knew that going home would come up eventually, but that would be a major trigger for her and might caus her to go crazy again.

"Well you're still healing layla" I said cupping her cheek " we'll take you home as soon as the doctor gives the word."

"Please convince them or something, tell them that I'm fully okay now, I can go home" she pleaded. My heart melted at the sight of the look in her eyes and at that moment I felt something different, something different from the hurt and pity I'd been feeling for layla these past few days. I felt anger, rage course through me as I saw the damage that had been done in my sister's eyes, I realized in that moment that despite how I felt and how I tried to be there to her I could never feel what she was feeling.

She was in pain, emotional and physical and we could all try to be there for her but nobody could feel the way she was feeling, and nobody could take that pain away. That thought made me see red, it made my blood boil in my body.
Before all I thought about was layla getting well, waking up and being okay. But now standing there and looking into her eyes, I wanted nothing more than to see the people who had done this to layla pay and suffer for it.
At that time a thought struck my mind, a crazy one that might not work but inside me I knew I had to try it, I knew the person whose help I would seek on this, because no matter how I liked to think that I could seek revenge for my sister on my own I really couldn't. But I will do whatever it takes to make them pay.

"I'll see what I can do" I smiled to which she relaxed and leaned back.

I left layla's room to look for Dr David who was the doctor treating her, I found him in the attendings lounge seated with a few other attendings including someone I'd been dreading crossing paths with all day.

"Dr David can I please talk to you?" I said opening the door a bit.

"Dr Suleiman what can I do for you?" He smiled back

"Outside I mean" I stated
He said nothing but stood up slowly to come outside where I was standing all the while Ali had his eyes fixed on me. Jeez did people not know its rude to stare.

"I'm all ears Amani" he said folding his arms.

"Can I take Layla home?"
He regarded me for a bit before sighing. "Dr Suleiman I would like to keep her here for a few more days to monitor her brain, this is crucial" he stated.