Chapter 9 - To Dodge A Blow

Follow me on IG at *the_goldenjournal

The light is coming to give back everything the darkness stole.

****
She sat in the audience with her mother and sister by her side as their eyes filled with tears listening to the beautiful words of a father to his daughter on her medical school graduation day.

"my dearest daughter, you are my most prized gift. Being your father is the thing that I am most proud of. I am your protector, your most trusted adviser, your best friend and even your stylist sometimes"the crowd laughed at this, and a few tears fell from a daughters eyes as she felt the love in every word her father spoke.

"Today you have added another milestone to your board of achievements, I pray for you everyday that that board will only increase. I guess I should be happier more than anything but I'm more sad. When your little children are ready to go conquer this world, it means you have to let them go, you can't help but get scared a little but I know that there is no one more ready for greatness than you Amani. You will reach the peak of greatness wherever that is. Always remember to never give up on anything before trying it out first, no matter how unthinkable something may seem, do it first. Your morals should always be your guidance, And I will always be there for you, your father will always be there for you."

The audience erupted into a loud fit of cheers and applause, every year at the graduation ceremony for the new doctors after they'd taken their oaths at the school, the parent of the best of the class will give a speech and Amani's father made it all about his daughter and how proud he was of her.
As he descended from the stage, the applause still Loud from the crowd. She couldn't hold it in anymore and she sprinted over and gave him a big hug.

"Thank you Baba"she whispered against his chest.

He hugged her and laughed not saying anything. "you're destined for greatness my girl" he said after she let go to dab at her eyes.

Amani looked into her father's eyes seeing everything he meant in his words there.

🔰🔰🔰🔰🔰

*Ali*

"Listen buddy, don't worry it won't hurt at all" I assured the little boy.
I love peds don't get me wrong, and kids in general I mean that's why I got into it in the first place, but sometimes kids do the most bizarre things.
Like this adorable seven year old boy in front of me, somehow while playing with his Lego, one of the miniature parts looked appetizing to him and he put it in his mouth, unable to chew it he swallowed the thing nd now it was stuck in his throat, though luckily not doing any damage.
No airway obstruction and no oesophagus obstruction as well so all I needed to do was take it out and he'd be fine.
"So you said it'll be a simple operation" the worried mother asked.

"Its a simple procedure, I'll take the thing out through his mouth without making any incisions" I replied

She nodded in relief but ofcouse worry was still evidently lining her features.

"He'll be okay insha Allah" I assured her.
I went out and left the nurse to prepare him for surgery. I was walking down the hall trying to sort out my appointments on the tablet I was holding as it was a busy day when I bumped into Dr David who was coming out of the file room nearby,
"Easy there" I said as he tried to steady his files.
"hey you bumped into me"he retorted and I would have replied had it not been for what I heard coming from the residents lounge.
Amani's name admist a roar of male laughter pulled my attention.

"you have to admit we would make some cute babies" said a voice from inside making me clench my fists.
They laughed again.

"like she would ever even look at you as husband material, that girl is some smoke in all the departments"