Chapter 13

Just as a reminder this chapter will be in a third persons point of view.

Enjoy.

Follow me on IG at *the_goldenjournal

✨✨✨

🎉sakun lalle🎉

Over the next couple of weeks, Things changed for Amani very quickly. She managed to convince her mother to go to Dubai with Layla and stay with her until she adjusted, but that wasn't easy at all as Amani's mother didn't want Alhaji kangiwa's help with anything when it came to Layla, why is obvious, but finally putting all their differences aside they agreed to do what everyone thought would be best for her health. They were to leave two days after the wedding.

Speaking of that event, it drew closer everyday and Amani grew more nervous as the date approached fast. With just two days to the wedding now, her happy bride act was slowly being stripped off, revealing the nervous wreck she was on the inside about the whole thing.

She met more and more of the kangiwa's everyday, meeting her Grandmother on the day of her karban lefe event. The woman, Hajiya Rahma Kangiwa was an embodiment of class and an epitome of sheer timeless beauty. Everything about her boasted pride and elegance, her walk, her talk, her smile and even her scrutinizing gaze with which she had looked at Amani with when they were first introduced.

One would say she had the right to be boastful,  as the mother to three children which she shared with her late husband, the first one being Alhaji Muhammadu Saleh Kangiwa, who was the chairman of the Kangiwa empire that consisted of the family's oil wells, filling stations, petroleum refinery's and energy research, he was the most successful one among the siblings as his net worth was in billions.

Then there was Dr Ibrahim Saleh Kangiwa, he owned the family's hospitals, pharmacies and Hotels and Restaurants. he was doing very good as well, business was lucrative and making an insane amount of money.

The last but not the least of the brother was Alhaji Abubakar Saleh Kangiwa, Amani's very own father who managed the real estate and security companies, he was doing very well as well, well that's as far as everyone thought.

Some of her friends from secondary school and some from medical school who managed to come at the very last minute invitation that Amani's mother had extended were present at the sakun lalle event that was on going at the Kangiwa household.
Diana was there as well which put Amani at ease.

Amani was dressed in a dark brown and golden, lace skirt and blouse and was seated getting her henna done, surrounded by her friends who laughed, made jokes and took pictures. Overall everything was smooth and everyone was getting along.

The atmosphere in the house was festive and happy, everyone smiled and took pictures and ate and seemed to be having a good time, her soon to be in laws were there as well, as her mother in law had brought a lot of gifts for the sakun lalle ceremony.

Ilham and kauthar brought her a huge bouquet of pink roses, real roses to be exact compliments of Yaya Sultan, they had said upon presenting it to Amani who later got clarified about the fact that Ali was known as Sultan among family members. She accepted the roses with a slight blushing feeling crawling up her neck.

The event was mostly graced by women of both families and seemed more grand than your average sakun lalle event.

But when have people with extra money to spare ever done anything average.

"Layla come and get your lalle done please" Amani's mother begged Layla who had been going in an out of the living room where the bride and her friends were obviously feeling out of place.
Amani had been checking on her every two minutes since the event started, not feeling comfortable letting her out of her sight but Layla was Layla, and stubborn is her middle name so she ventured out every chance she got and slipped back in later.