Chapter 14

So Hello again!
So I'm switching to first person in this chapter.

I don't want to give excuses but I honestly am trying my best to give updates, its just not as easy and I do apologize and appreciate each of you who take your time to read my book.

Enjoy.

*Amani*

The Human emotions are a bunch of chemicals in the brain, the human body is constantly trying to maintain an equilibrium between everything.

When one emotion becomes too much in our body, the chemical signals the tear ducts to release the excess in a neat package as a tear.

Crying is either accompanied by numbness, not feeling at all, or a stability in emotions. It makes perfect sense doesn't it?

How sometimes fear, happiness, pain, extreme sadness can make your eyes pour instantly. There's beauty in the fact that our bodies sometimes can experience so much emotion that we literally can't hold on to all of it.
**

I was lying in bed, it was the day after the family dinner, which went well by the way. It also was my first day in my house as a married woman. Ali had his own room so that conversation was over.
The night before, we'd come back from the dinner pretty late, he drove us back from the venue to our house, nothing was said in the car as we rode home probably because of my ice queen vibes, but that's never stopped him before so he probably was just tired.

As was I because I only remember getting out of the car and going upstairs barely registering anything in the house, I glanced at a lot of suitcases and spotted my old one that had some of my things I wanted to keep, so I insisted on bringing it with me, I had pulled it open and brought out an old silk bubu, after that I went into the bathroom, barely thinking of how beautiful it was, I took off the super heavy pink dinner gown i had on and took a quick shower with the hottest water I could handle and washed off all my makeup with soap.

Yeah skincare out the window for tonight

Anyway I waddled back into the room and literally fell on the bed, the really soft comfortable bed that was slowly pulling me towards dreamland, relaxing my muscles and making my eyelids heavier and heavier and heavier and hea--

What's that noise? Sounds like drumming, drumming? Oh snap! The door, someone was knocking on my door. I jolted out of the state of almost sleep I was in and scurried off the bed.

"Amani, are you asleep? " Ali's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Uh No, just a second" I called back, looking around the room for something to cover up a bit, yes he was my husband, but silk did hug places it wasn't supposed to.
I grabbed my pink lafaya that I was wearing from earlier today and pulled it over my head, it was a lot of material but it did cover, so problem solved.

"Hi" I said as I pulled the door open

"Hey" he replied, "you hurried off to your room immediately we got back, I thought to check if you needed anything"

"No I'm completely fine" I replied almost too hurriedly.

I really didn't want to get back to bed and be unable to fall into sweet sleep, so I was on edge.

"Okay, you're not hungry?" He asked again and I shook my head.

"Well you barely ate anything at dinner, so if you do get hungry the fridge is stocked and there's food from home as well" he said and if I wasn't grumpy from fatigue, I would have seen how sweet he was being.

"Okay thank you" I replied and Ali nodded.

"All right get some sleep" he smiled and I nodded as he walked away.
I closed the door and slowly pulled the lafaya off my head and threw it on the sofa.