Chapter 7 - To Meet His match

Follow me on Instagram at *the_goldenjournal

What doesn't kill you
Makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone.
    What doesn't kill you  -Kelly clarkson

*Someone Somewhere*

He banged his fists on the table for the  second time since hearing the news of her death.
Those bloody idiots, they couldn't do anything right. He said teach her a good lesson like they did her friend not kill the girl. Now this would drag too much attention, more than he needed at the moment.

He let out a string of curses out loud, he needed to do something lay low for sometime, those girls had been his number one trouble and he wanted to show them how much of nothing they were, but he didn't want them dead.

"Barde!" He called from inside the dusty room that smelled of moss, to his most trusted accomplice also thug.

They was a sound of shuffling around and the door opened revealing the heavily built man with burn marks covering his right arm and a signature scowl on his face.

"Yaran ka sun samu a cikin matsala(your goons have ruined us)" he said to barde who only smiled as he took a seat. "This will only shine a light on us don't you see?"

"You said to teach them a lesson, my boys did that and had a bit of fun" barde replied in a sinister laugh.

"I meant scare them, for two girls in college they were giving us much more trouble than they should have. Not rape and beat one half to death and kill the other one" he replied his voice getting louder making barde tense.

"Look calm down drug lord, I was just following YOUR orders, I admit the killing part was unplanned. But they are out of your way now, so don't fret" barde relaxed and picked up a handful of groundnuts popping them and putting them into his mouth nonchalantly.

He looked over to barde, the man was very well built and a very trusted friend of his whom had been a gangster since he was a born, but he was a little slow in the IQ department no doubt. He couldn't see that two incidents like this could very well put both of them not to talk of all the other drug dealers and gangsters around in the spot light, it could ruin all of them and very well put them behind bars for eternity.

If he was thinking right, the police would try and investigate for a little while and since both girls were not from the most influential families in town, he could hide out elsewhere for sometime and comeback after everything had died down.

That sounded like a damn plan.

📎📎

*Ali*
The attending's lounge was busy buzzing early as always, Everyone telling stories about interns and laughing their socks off while I as usual sipped my morning coffee and looked over my consults for the day.

Baba had been on my case for weeks now, usually when he asked to see me and I bailed he would usually have his PA send me a long email about whatever it was he wanted to talk about.

But this time around he seemed relentless as he called me himself yesterday, which he never does saying that I was to drop by at home immediately after work. I promised to anyway I for one wanted to see what all this fuss was about.

I left the attendings lounge and went to the board to see which resident was on my service today, even though I was silently praying for a certain beautiful one with big brown eyes and the prettiest smile ever. And if she wasn't the one I'd pull some strings and get her on my service, besides she was a brilliant resident everyone wanted the sharp ones, it only so happened that she is gorgeous and I have a huge crush.