The curse of the Red Death

A few months later. Btw, they are on New Berk but they haven't called it anything yet. It will really take them a while before they call in anything other than the Island. Hiccup and Astrid are just not very good with making names.

Astrid woke up and made her way to Hiccup's room to wake him up but he wasn't there.

As she rubbed her eyes and stretched her tense muscles, she walked down to the kitchen to find that Hiccup wasn't there either.

Furrowing her eyebrows, she grabbed her axe and walked towards the wooden door leading outside. If he wasn't in the room or the kitchen then he might be in the small forge they finished making a month ago. Hiccup had been teaching her the basics of blacksmithing and they were having another lesson today so he may have just gone there early.

He wasn't there.

She made her way towards the stables, swinging her axe slightly, worried about her dragon boy. (Omt im snorting at the cheesiness. Why is this nickname so cute?)

He was sitting at the steps, eyebrows furrowed, trying to concentrate on drawing something in the soil.

Sitting down next to him, she deliberated whether to ask him if he was okay or not.

"Hey. Sorry if I startled you. I just needed to think."

She looked at him and saw the bags under his eyes. Worried, she replied with,
"It's fine muttonhead. But how long have you been thinking?" Putting emphasis on the have.

"Since before the sun started rising." Astrid hit him lightly on the shoulder, ready to pick him up and force him to sleep.( I sniggered and I don't know why. Ignore me. I'm the one who needs sleep)
"Don't Astra. I have tried to sleep but I can't. Not whilst knowing the Red Death is still out there wreaking havoc by murdering innocent people using innocent dragons. And don't get me started on the fact that way more dragons are getting killed." He started playing with the twig in his hand, carelessly twirling it between his fingers.
(I decided Astra was a cute nickname that hiccup could call her)

Astrid sighed. It was only a matter of time before he took things into his own hands and she wanted to punch him for not only being so stupidly heroic any chance he got, but taking as long as he did to figure it out. Was he trying to make it look like he'd been hit by lightning?

She sat besides him and watched as his fingers drummed slightly against the twig in his hand. She then looked at the ground and studied the drawings and plans he had made to try and defeat the giant dragon but he crossed them all out, probably in frustration.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, she sighed, "Hey. Whatever is going through your mind right now. Stop. We will defeat her and free all of the dragons. We can bring them here since there is plenty of space. And if something happens to either of us, well, we did train with Gothi for a year to become healers before we decided healing was not for us." It was true. They along with the rest of the teens learned how to heal with Gothi for a year. Or at least her, Hiccup and Fishlegs did. They even got a book from Gothi when they decided to stop practicing. That was years ago though.

"At least that's true," she smiled and stood up,

"So dragon boy. What are you going to do about it?" (Im editing and wow. Past me definitely had the same idea as present me has) He smiled at her.

"Probably something stupid"

"Good. But you've already done that." She stretched her arm out towards him.

"Then something crazy." He took her hand and she pulled him up.

"That's the Hiccup I know."
(HBSHAHSVSBSHSHS WHEN SHE SAYS THIS IN THE THIRD MOVIE I CRIED)

"Come on. We're going back soon but we need to prepare. Do you think we can get a few dragons to tag along just in case?"

"Probably. But first, go to sleep mister before I knock you out and drag you to the bed myself." He put his hands up in defence.

"Okay. Okay. I'll go to sleep. Just, please don't knock me out. I don't accidentally want to lose my intellect and become a Snotlout." She chuckled.

"Then hurry up Hic. The sooner you go to sleep, the sooner we can plan." He smiled gloomily at her and jogged towards their hut.

Astrid smiled softly, thanking the gods for letting her be able to see Hiccup in his true light once again.

A few days later

Hiccup and Astrid were ready. They had finally figured plan a-z but they still couldn't help being nervous. Their first plan was to get all of the dragons out of the nest and pray that the queen wouldn't come out. If she did, well, they had 25 other plans to put into action. Still, it was only human to feel nervous no matter how ready they were.
(So they don't actually have that many plans. I just love to exaggerate.)

They had managed to convince the dragons from berk to tag along just in case both of their dragons got injured. They also packed some supplies like food and water and herbs for healing. They were glad that the Island they decided to claim as their own had everything they needed.

It was a day's journey into the archipelago and another half day to Dragon Island so they had to make a few stops for rest as well.

Finally, they had reached Dragon Island and as Hiccup and Astrid jumped off their dragons, an eerie silence followed.

A few hours later- Yes. Another time skip. What you gonna do? You can't know of everything that goes on.

They had done it. They had won.

Astrid was frantic though. Where was Hiccup and Toothless? She didn't see them fly away. What if-

Suddenly, a screech woke her from her troubled thoughts. She followed the sound and saw a black blur falling into the fiery abyss where the queen once stood.

Astrid screamed and jumped off Stormfly, running as fast as she could to get to Toothless. She ordered the dragons to flap their wings to clear the fire surrounding Toothless and she dropped next to him.

"Toothless. No. Toothless. Wake up. WAKE UP TOOTHLESS." She solemnly watched as Toothless layed there still.

His ear twitched and Astrid sobbed out of delight. Toothless opened his eyes and looked at Astrid.

"Hey buddy. We did it. We won. (Endgame feels😭) But I need you to help me find Hiccup, bud. Can you do that?"

Toothless crooned and opened his wings revealing an unconscious Hiccup in his arms. His left leg seemed scorched but Astrid didn't care. She had to make sure he was alive. She set him on the floor and put her head to his chest.

Thump-thump. Thump-thump.

"TOOTHLESS. You brought him back to life. You-you brought him back. Thank you Toothless. You are amazing." She stroked his head before she felt a sharp pain in her arm and screamed. She looked at her now black arm before everything went blurry and she fell, unconscious, next to Hiccup.

The dragons jumped into action. The monstrous nightmare took toothless and Stormfly clutched the two riders tightly but gently in her claws.

Stormfly ordered the other two dragons to go back to the edge and inform the other dragons of what happened and to stay calm.

Stormfly looked at the large red winged dragon to her left and nodded. They knew where to take them to cure the curse.
They needed to take them to the King of the King of dragons. It was a two day long journey but they would do whatever it took to remove the curse surging through their human friend's bodies.

Woooh. That was intense. Next chapter they meet someone special. Can you guess who it is?
Bug out sky riders🐞👋😸