Past, Present, Future

Anyone else feel like school is draining all your energy? I actually cannot stay awake half of the time. I've finally found some time to update.

Hiccup's eyes blinked open as he felt the arms around his waist tighten. He smiled and turned his head down to kiss the head of his lover. She stirred a bit and yawned into his chest.

"When did you come home last night? I woke up and you weren't there," she asked.

"I couldn't sleep so I decided to go on a flight and I was going to come back in a bit but then I saw Sig sitting on a cliff," She unwrapped her arms and pushed herself up so she could see him properly.

"Sigyn? Did she have another one?" He nodded, "Do you know who?"

"She wouldn't tell me. I thought- I thought that after Viggo she had opened up a bit more but she's reverting back to her old self. If she continues like this, I'm afraid of what's going to happen to her," He shed some light tears and Astrid frowned, reaching over to the bedside table to get a cloth, and wiped his tears.

"We won't lose our bright and beautiful Sigyn," she dropped the cloth and stroked his face, "I promise you that we will try everything to keep the vow we made to Viggo."

Hiccup grasped her hand and pulled it to his mouth, kissing her palm softly. She smiled as he let her get up and kissed his forehead in return. Removing the part of the blanket around his legs, she grabbed his prosthetic and gently began to put it in place, making sure to double check the mechanisms before turning to leave the room in order to go to the bathroom first. Hiccup watched her leave, putting his previous thoughts aside for a small while, and wondering how lucky he was to have her by his side.

He set about getting off the bed and made his way to the cupboard to get his clothes. However, he became distracted when he saw the small box peeking out from the back, and he grabbed it.

Sitting on the bed again, he held the wooden box and his forehead creased as the memories of the content of the box flooded his brain.

He opened the box.

Reaching for the letter inside, he put the box aside and smoothed the paper out.

Hiccup and Astrid,

I am writing to you because I am afraid that soon I will no longer be able to be with you as I will probably be in Helheim, repenting for all the lives I have worsened and the deaths I have caused.
How I know this, you ask? Sigyn had a nightmare. And it was about me. Since you guys already know what's going on, I don't need to explain further but I do have a favour to ask.
Sigyn told me that I was like a father to her. And even if I am not her biological one, as a father I should make sure that when I'm gone, she doesn't throw her life away because of it. I am asking this of you two because I also think of the two of you as the children I never had.
You are older than her, so you know what it is like to experience death more than her. It's going to hit her the most, so please do everything to console her and help her through this.
I hope the both of you will not cry too much either. Instead, remember me through laughter and happiness and forgive me for doing this to all of you.
I'm sorry and I want to thank the two of you for giving me another chance at life.
Tell Sigyn not to cry too much either. Not for me or for anyone else.

Sincerely, Viggo Grimborn.

Hiccup grimaced at the letter and his hand fisted in a ball, scrunching the paper. He wasn't angry- just distraught. He felt like he had already failed Viggo and he didn't know what to do.