Consequences: The letter

This is just a little peep into how berk is doing. Also, this video is so good. Watch it and you will not be disappointed. It's one of my favourite videos ever.

A few months ago.

The big day. The day his son was finally going to prove his worth. It brought a vast smile on his face. Stoick was ecstatic.

"Hiccup. Are you up? It's your big day today." He walked up the stairs and opened the wooden door that had the initials H.H.H III scratched onto it.

Opening the door, he found that the room was in its usual mess but something was missing and he didn't know what. (Your son is missing you muttonhead). Hiccup wasn't in the room so he must of gone out to train last minute.

Stoick grinned again. It seemed that all of his worries of his son being the worst viking berk had ever seen was for nothing. Hiccup was really growing up the way he wanted, albeit a little late, but progress means progress and Hiccup had made lots of progress in the last few weeks.

Humming to himself, he turned and walked down the stairs not anticipating the disaster that would unfold in just a few moments.

1 hour later

Stoick was frantic. He had just been to the forge and apparently Gobber had not seen Hiccup at all since his victory the day before.

What's worse was that the Hofferson couple had just come to Stoick, Mrs Hofferson bawling like crazy, and Mr Hofferson with his eyes furrowed in what could only be grief.

"She's gone chief. Gone. She wasn't here this morning so we assumed she had already gone to the forest for her early training routine but she hasn't come back. She should of been back two hours ago but she's not. And oh, we've been asking around but no one has seen her. Please chief. Find my baby please." She started sobbing into her husband's shoulder and he wrapped his arm around her sighing.

"I'm sorry Mrs Hofferson but you need to calm down and then tell me who is gone."

"Our daughter Astrid. She's not here. It's been two hours since she should have been back but she's not." Mr Hofferson replied.

Before Stoick could say anything more, Spitelout was running towards him and begging him to follow.

"You have to see this Stoick. Mr and Mrs Hofferson, you might want to come too."

10 minutes later

Mr and Mrs Hofferson sat in one side of the table whilst the chief, ever so vast, took the other side along with Gobber, who was asked to join the four at the great hall as well. Spitelout passed the piece of parchment to Stoick.

(Italics is Astrid. Normal is hiccup.)

"Dear Dad and gobber, And dear Mum and Dad,

This is our farewell to you because we are, well, we're leaving. And before anyone questions it, it was my idea so don't blame him. Well since I agreed to it it was my choice too.

The only reason we are writing is so that you guys do not go overboard and send a search party out for us. Trust me on this. You will not be able to find us no matter how hard you try. But don't worry. We won't die. Hopefully.

We just want to be free to do what we please without a society to judge us for our life choices. Especially since my life choices have completely changed now that I've been shown a better way. I don't think I can ever be the way I was before I was shown a world beyond the clouds. She may have slightly meant that in a literal sense.

But that's not the point of this letter. The point is that we do not want to be found. Unless by an accident or a coincidence, we do not want to cross paths with Berk for as long as we are destined to. Which hopefully is a long time. And by then, you will all learn that war is not the only solution and our way of life will channel through your stubborn viking brains someday. What he means is that we found another way to end a 300 year war and we will not associate with Berk until you are ready to find a better way too.

If you are wondering what Astrid and I are planning to do, I'm afraid we can't tell you exactly what. Only that we are going to change the minds of hundreds of people bit by bit, and find the peace everyone has been yearning for. Ain't you being poetic today. Ha ha. Very funny.

Don't think that because we're doing this, we don't love you. We just need to break away from all the values you think to be right at this current moment.

Maybe one day, when the time is right we will meet again. But don't be too hopeful because that may take a while.

Mum, dad, we will be fine. I know you wanted me to follow the dream of becoming a shield maiden but I'm afraid it's not my dream. Not really. Now I have finally found my dream and I cannot fulfil it without him. Hiccup will take care of me, I promise you that. And she'll take care of me. We have each other so there's nothing to worry about. Not anymore.

We hope that us being gone will not burden you just as it will not burden us. And we will not feel regretful of this choice that has been made. Of this choice that we have made together.

Dad, you may feel angry at me for leaving my duties as an heir just as I had started to be worthy of your time, but I do not want to be the chief of a place full of people who only recognise you for 'heroic acts of glory', not for who you truly are. And one day, when he becomes a chief, it will be because he truly deserved it, not because it was expected of him to do so.

And Gobber. I want to thank you for putting up with this toothpick for 15 years. I really wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. I know that out of everyone,  I  will miss you the most. And do me a favour. Look after my father just like how you took care of me for all these years. Us Haddocks will always need someone to be there for us no matter what we say.

I think that is just about everything we would like to say but if you did not comprehend what has just been said we will break it down for you.

Don't look for us.

Don't question us.

Don't be angry at us.

Don't worry about us.

And know that you can change. All of you can. You just have to find out how.

Goodbye.

Hiccup and Astrid."

As chief, Stoick had never thought he'd experience a time when a member of his tribe would decide that they did not want to be part of it. Berkians had always been prideful of their origins but his own son seemed to hate it enough that he decided to leave. Not only that, he had managed to take the promising lass with him. It made him question all his beliefs and values. What had happened to the two that caused them to turn against their tribe like that? He was going to find out no matter how long it would take.

Ooohh. Is Stoick already not listening to the words of his son- like always.
There'll be a second part to consequences coming up in the next week. Just cuz I couldn't fit everything into 1 chapter.
Bug out sky riders.