Something else

I'm excited for this chapter.

Astrid and Hiccup were confused. Where were they even going? They had been walking for a few minutes now and they hadn't stopped.

Okay so Astrid was doing the walking whilst Hiccup was using her as a human walking stick. Astrid wasn't complaining though. She liked it when they were close. They'd been doing a lot of that recently. Especially since they were the only two on the island-which they still haven't named. Maybe they should just call it the island until a more perfect name passed by.

"Ooohh. Do you think they're going to meet them now?"

"They're definitely mates."

"Them?"

They had finally stopped walking and Hiccup sat down, exhausted.

"Ugh. You are such an idiot."

Hiccup was about to speak when a black blob crashed into him and began to lick him.

"Hiccup! I missed you. Do you know how lonely I was when you wouldn't wake up. I mean , I didn't wake up either until a couple of hours ago but still."

"Ew. Why would he do that?"

"Toothless! Hey bud. Ah-ahh. Ew. I know you missed me but please can you get off me." Toothless licked him one more time before bouncing back and jumping around him.

"I made a new friend. She's really pretty. She has a person too."

"Can someone ask the king when we can eat?"

"Don't you lick the hatchlings to show affection? Is it gross then?"

"This is going to take some time to get used to."

"Astrid. Thank alpha you're okay. I was so worried. I missed being the first face you saw when you woke up in the morning."

"Stormfly. Awww. I missed you too girl."

"Shut up."

"You can't just ask the king stupid questions."

Hiccup smiled at Astrid and Stormfly interacting before realising that toothless wanted him to get on his back.

"Why?"

"Astrid?"

"Why?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you help me get on Toothless?"

"Why?"

"Oh yeah. I forgot about your leg. Come on Astrid. Help him."

Astrid laughed at the dragon's eagerness and made her way over to Hiccup to help him onto Toothless's back.

"Why? Why?"

"Can someone take this stupid dragon away from me."

"But whyyyyy?"

Once Hiccup was on Toothless's back, he immediately started running towards an entrance twice his size.

"Astrid. Come on. You should see this too."

Astrid jumped onto Stormfly and soon they were following the green-eyed duo.

Neither one were prepared to see a girl, about their age, with forest green eyes and brown hair, peering at them shyly whilst nestled in the wing of a white night fury.

"Toothless. Stormfly. You're back. Are these your humans? They smell like mates to me."

"Uuhh. Hi. My name is Sigyn. Sigyn Valka Haddock. My name means Godess of victory and Sigyn was the wife of loki if you didn't already know. Mum said that dad always wanted a girl by the name of Sigyn. And this is Luna Selene Fury. Her name is literally moon moon. Isn't that funny," she looked at the boy who she knew was her brother watching as he pieced together what she had just said, "Anyways. I already know your names. Mum told me. Isn't weird that even though we lived apart we both ended up becoming dragon lovers?"

Finally dragging himself out if his stupor, "Yeah, well, I guess we get it both from mum." Astrid smiled at the two and helped Hiccup sit next to his newfound sister.

"I have a present for you. And for Toothless."

"A present? For me? Why thank you kind girl who looks a lot like my human brother."

"I look like him because I'm his sister," She scratched underneath his chin making him react like a blissful kitten, "Anyways. Here. Don't worry about the size. It will fit. I measured it as well." She had handed him a contraption that looked like a metal leg, which it probably was, and he gratefully took it.

"Wow. Sigyn. It's amazing. And you made this in just a short time? This is wonderful. I love it," he looked at her, "Thank you."

"Wheres mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. I want my present."

"Oh don't be so impatient you numbskull."

"But Stormfly. I'm getting a present. I only get those from you and our humans."

Sigyn took out a brown material, not unlike the colour of her shoes, which was connected to a bunch of rods and a huge piece of leather.

"I tried to use as much as I could from the design that was already on him but a lot of it was burnt off so you'll probably have to check if it's right."

"Ooohhh a saddle. Cool." He licked her hand to thank her.

"When I learn how to walk again I'll do just that. But there doesn't look like much I need to change. Apart from that colour."

"Yeah. That colour really doesn't suit Toothless. How about red? " Astrid suggested.

"Red? I like red. It's like the blood of my enemies or red roses."

"Are you okay bud? Do you need more sleep?"

"Sleep? What's sleep? I think I've had enough of that."

"Is you're name toothless? Do you have any fish?"

"I'm sorry young dragon but you have to wait."

"Young dragon? Aren't you young?"

"Shut up hiccup. I killed the queen of dragons. I'm not young anymore. "

"You do realise that we were there too." Hiccup rolled his eyes at the dragon's pride. Astrid patted his shoulder.

"Never get in between a dragon and his pride Hic." Sigyn raised an eyes at the nickname and snorted but didn't say anything more. He looked at her.

"How is it that you and mum can also speak to dragons. She didnt tell us." Sigyn sighed.

"When mum was taken, she was pregnant with me, and she got bitten by the queen. Don't ask me how because I have no idea but she almost lost her arm in the process. Cloudjumper saw that as an oppurtunity to break away from the queens control and bring her here. The king broke the curse but in return he cursed her with the power to speak to dragons just like you. And it, well it transferred to me as well since I was a part of mother during that time." Astrid clutched Sigyn's hand in comfort and a small but noticeable smile appeared on her face.

"I can't imagine how hard it was for you and your mother but this is a gift."

"Vikings would say it's a curse for a curse. But you're right Astrid. It's a gift. And you two should remember that too."

Hiccup clapped his hands together and then looked at Astrid.

"Help me up please. I think it's time I start learning how to walk. And then I think I might try to do something. "

"What?"

"Just something." He replied. Astrid squinted as she looked at him. He had his scheming face on again.

"Okay. But it will take a while so don't worry if you dont get it right the first time."

"I wont."

Right. That's it for today. Are you excited for the next chap cuz I'm excited.
College is starting again so I may be a bit slow in updating for the next 1 and a half months. If I miss a week I'll just post 2 chapters though.
Anyways.
Bug out sky riders. 👋