Together

FINALLY THE MOMENT HAS ARRIIIIVED.... (MLP anyone?)

OR HAS IT?

Btw IM BACK!!! Well kind of. But still. I know. It's been more than a month. Honestly, I've had my reasons. But mainly, College has literally taken over my life. When I'm not at college or doing work or revision, I'm asleep. My sleep schedule has been so messed up recently and I don't even know what to do. I hope this break will let me get back to some normalcy.  

Enough of me. You are all probably waiting to read this chapter but instead you have the annoying author rambling on about random stuff. 

I'm going to stop talking now.

Hiccup woke up with a frantic start, breathing heavily and wondering why Astrid wasn't in the room. He looked at the sky, but the sun was still in the process of rising. Astrid never usually woke up this early. And if she did, she'd just snuggle into his arms and listen to his heartbeat. Not that she knew that he knew.

His eyes gravitated around the room, taking in the more than usual amount of messiness, until it attached itself to the huge basket sitting on the floor, filled with ceremonial clothes.

Oh, yeah. Hiccup grinned, stupidly.

Today was finally the day he would be getting married.

His worries about Astrid subsided when he remembered that she was in Sigyn's house with Mala, Heather, Atali and Minden (who had been in one of the ships. I actually forget that I was supposed to mention them in the other chapter) as well as Ruffnut. They had decided to have an all girls party but it was reallyto make sure Astrid didn't try to run off and sneak into the house.

Hiccup himself had been kept in the house by his friends, who had made a deal with the girls to keep a watchful eye on the groom-to-be.

Hiccup rolled his eyes. Vikings and their love for tradition.

It's not like they succeeded. Once both parties were out cold from mead and an abnormal amount of movement (seriously. Hiccup had never seen anyone dance to nothing as crazily as his cousin had the night before), Hiccup and Astrid had sneaked off to the beach and stayed together for about an hour.  They had wanted to stay for longer but, as they wanted to get a good night's sleep, they had reluctantly parted ways.

He briefly wondered what his ancestors would think as they watched him break various traditions in the blink of an eye.

And, well, he couldn't really go to Berk and break open his great great grandfather's grave and come back before the day ended. So, most traditions were unnecessary anyways.

A knock on the door disturbed him from replaying his memories from the previous day, and Hiccup's small pout turned to a genuine smile when his father revealed himself to be on the other side.

"Come on son. It's time for you to get ready. We have to get you to the bathouse."

"I'm coming dad."

When Hiccup reached the doorway, Stoick clapped him on the back affectionately, a proud smile on his face, "When you were gone, I hated myself for driving you away. Especially since I thought I would never see you again. But here I am, helping you get ready to marry the love of your life. I couldn't be happier. I love you Hiccup."

"Yeah Dad. I know," he jumped up and wrapped his arms around his father's thick neck, "I love you too."

Stoick wrapped an arm around his son, inhaling the scent he had missed for so many years, and lifting him up off the ground for a good few seconds. Hiccup may have changed a lot on the outside, but he was still the little boy that would go hunting for trolls and missing socks and would spend his time drawing and making up inventions rather than playing with the other kids. Hugging his son reminded Stoick of how he brought Hiccup up and he felt sorry for not being a better father. But he wanted to change. For his wife and his son. And he would never drive his son away from him again.