Reassurance

I woke up really late.

A few weeks before Viggo's death.

"Hello Sigyn," a familiar voice brought her out of daze.

"Viggo. What brings you here?" 

He showed her the large cut on his arm, clearly made by the talons of a dragon, "I was helping your brother wrangle some particularly wild dragons on the west side of the Island and one managed to slash my arm before Hiccup managed to calm it down. He sent me here to get it checked. I also need some new paste for my face so it works out," she nodded at him and pointed at the seat on front of her. He sat down.

"Okay. Let's start with this cut then," silently, she began to mix some honey, turmeric and Aloe Vera into the mortar,  crushing them to make a pulp like texture. 

Viggo, in the meantime, was studying her. Usually, when he came to her for medicine and remedies, she was always blabbing about about some new medical discovery she had found out, or her adventures with Luna Selene. 

The only other time he had experienced her being this quiet was when he had first joined the riders. No one really noticed apart from himself and her family, but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. So he had asked Hiccup if he could try getting her to open up and, after a few fails, he had discovered what was bothering her. 

She had had a dream. No- a nightmare. About the death of someone in their tribe. And it had come true. And she couldn't cope with it. But she couldn't tell anyone either. 

Because it wasn't the first time.

"You had a nightmare again didn't you?" She dropped the brush she was using to apply the mixture on, causing some of it end up on his clothes.

"Oh-Uh sorry. I'll- uh- I'll clean that up for you," her hands scrambled across the table, looking for a cloth to wipe his clothes with, but Viggo grabbed her shoulders and turned her to face him. 

"How long have you been having this one?" She remained silent, looking at her feet, "Sigyn, tell me."

She sniffed and whispered, "Since last week."

"Who?" She shook her head, "Sigyn, who is it?"

"Someone I care about."

"Sigyn. Please tell me who. I promise me we will get through this together."

"But we can't. Not this time," His eyes widened as she bit her lip and let the tears flow.

"When?"

"Wh-what."

"When am I going to die?" She choked a sob and he took the cloth from her, using it to wipe her tears.

"I don't know. Soon? I've never known the exact time until it actually happens. Just that it will happen no matter what I do," He grabbed her hand.

"It's okay Sigyn."

"No it's not."

"Sigyn."

"You don't understand do you? It isn't okay. Not for me."

"It will be."

"No! It won't. Do you know how hard it is when you know how everyone you know will die. Especially when this time it's the only person that has been as close as a father to me than anyone else."

"You think of me as a father?" She gasped and her hands flew to cover her mouth. He smiled, "I think of you as a daughter," he admitted.

"Really," she asked in a small voice.