Matrimony

Hello. As this is an extra chapter it's probably going to be shorter than usual though I always say that and it ends up being longer than I thought it would be. P.s. the song I was listening to whilst writing to this.I need to watch this drama again!!! Yes I'm a kdrama fan and have been since 2017.
So I don't know if I specified but Astrid and Hiccup's relationship started similarly to what happened in rtte. Though probably a little earlier. And without the gang.
Yes this it what you think.

A few months later

You would think.

Since the island- now New Berk- had spent months preparing for a wedding that had been ruined because of an unstable psychopathic demon witch who just had to curse our lovely couple (thank you Gobber for that great description), that the people of new Berk would not be as excited to prepare for this wedding again.

But no- they were excited. Possibly even more than they were last time it happened

Because this was it.

This was when Hiccup and Astrid, the most famous couple across and outside the archipelago would be getting married.

Finally.

It was meant to be the biggest ceremony of this generation. People had heard of the two who had went through so much, even a curse that had tried to break them apart, but only together would they allow themselves to go forward in life.

It was unbelievable!

Which was why multiple ships were lined across the shore to witness the two who had gone through the impossible, unite for the rest of their lives through to Valhalla.

People were bustling around the island and guests from all around were coming to congratulate the couple, blessing them with happiness and good fortune and of course.... babies!

Yes! Babies.

Something that Stoick had been hinting at for months. (What? He wants grandchildren ok!)

Hiccup and Astrid had of course laughed in their faces awkwardly everytime it was mentioned. People- especially the elders- thought that it was because they were still shy in some areas of their lives coughmakingbabiescough.

Which of course they would be. It's not like they had been living together for years now and it's not like they had a lot of time to themselves where there would definitely be nights where they would surrender into each other's desires.

Definitely not!

Truth to be told, a few nights back, Astrid had been getting boughts of nausea so Hiccup took her to Gothi and Sigyn(who's vocal cords had been healed)- who had started working together as healers, reducing the proportion of sick vikings effortlessly.

The result was that they suspected that Astrid was pregnant, though it was too early to confirm.

Whilst both were overjoyed at the revelation, they had decided to keep it a secret until they could fully confirm it. The wedding was also happening (today!) so they decided to hold off announcing to at least their parents until after the wedding.

That way, the elders would not even suspect that anything happened until after the marriage and Astrid could be safe from scandalous remarks.

What was more important right now, however, was walking down the aisle without any problems.

And that's where they were now.

Hiccup, at the lifted platform conveniently in the middle of new Berk. Astrid at the end of the pathway created by the guests who separated in the middle to make way for her.