Aftermath

This is probably going to be a short chapter maybe not. P.s I know I said I had like 6 chapters left but I kind of reduced it cuz I decided I didn't want to do some of the things I was planning on doing because I didn't want to cry.

Hiccup and Toothless came out of the great hall. Hiccup's eyes, even from a distance, had tinges of red- he had, obviously, been crying.

He looked around at the place he had grown up in. Where he had spent the worst and the best moments of his life. The place he had ran away from, afraid of the consequences of his actions but also free from the harsh judgement of his father's people. The place from where he had taken a girl ("I came on my own accord" She would say, proudly) who had been so promising to the tribe- with her excellent skills in battle and her equally amazing mind for tactics of war-and he had shaped her into everything that went against what Berk had been about. The place which had finally been able to accept his way of living. Accept him.

Now it was nothing but ice and debris

Luna came out from behind him, Sigyn sitting up, alive but clutching to Luna's back tightly, coughing immensely. Luckily, he had come just in time to save her. The only reason they had taken so long was because they had been waiting for the air to clear around them a bit more and the dragons had formed a protective shell around them.

He could feel the sigh of relief that went around the Island, and people began to shout in joy that the girl who was prepared to sacrifice her life for all of them, had been alright.

Finally, Hiccup glanced towards his mother, who had been holding someone in her arms.

Not just anyone.

"Astrid!"

Hiccup hastingly walked towards them and quickly dropped to the ground on front of his mother. She passed Astrid to him, consoling him that, "She's okay, just resting."

His stiff stance relaxed as he cradled his fiance and closed his eyes.

A big figure came up behind him and patted his back in assurance.

Without opening his eyes he whispered, "Dad, I'm sorry."

A few days later

Sigyn had been placed in her mother's house to rest. Whilst she had (she thought it was surprising) not died, she was ultimately made to rest as gothi had made sure she would fully recover before doing anything that could put strain on her.

Furthermore, she was forced to try speak as little as she could due to the fact that when she was strangled, it had caused some damage to her vocal cords. Gothi believed that if she rested her voice for a while, it would be back to normal after a month or two.

She felt kind of embarrassed. She had cried to her brother and even wrote a letter to him -which he still read(and most definitely cried whilst reading)- apologising for dying but she had escaped her supposedly fated death.

Mostly though, she felt relieved. Why wouldn't she?

She still had so much to do and see but because of one of her dreams she had shut herself down and accepted her destiny. And yes, maybe her dreams had some truth in it- a little part of her full of sorrow and anguish had died that day- and her dreams had never been wrong before. But it hadn't taken into account that she had people who loved her and would do anything to make sure she stayed alive. She had friends including the new ones like Tuffnut- who, maybe was something more- and she had her family. Her brother, her sister (in-law), her parents. The dragons.

She wasn't going to waste her life away, and she wouldn't let anyone else do so either.

Which is why, despite what Gothi told her (or, more-so, wrote to her), she was on her way to her brother's house to make sure he didn't waste his life away.