A Very Unorthadox Way

2 years later.

Astrid and Hiccup as well as the dragons had gone to The Defenders of the Wing for a couple of days in order to celebrate the alliance of the dragon riders with the Defenders.

It was the final day and they had split into two groups for the rest of the night: Hiccup, Dagur and Eret; and Astrid, Heather and Mala.

The boys were in the guest house- the girls had been insistent on taking Dagur and Mala's house- and were currently talking about Dagur and how he and Mala were expecting.

"She thinks it's going to be a boy. Imagine. A mini me! I told her that I'd rather have a mini malapoo running around."

"I'm sure that whatever it turns out to be, you'll both be great parents." Hiccup replied and Dagur nodded excitedly at the notion.

"I don't know if Heather and I want to be parents just yet. She said to me the other day that we should wait until your little one is born and see if we're ready by then. But I do know that one day we will definitely have some kids of our own."

"What about you brother?" Dagur turned to face Hiccup, "Do you want kids?"

"First I want to marry Astrid but yes. We talked about it and we thought it would be nice to have 3 or 4. Astrid and I both agreed that when we have a child, they'll have some siblings as well. Being an only child can be quite suffocating." Eret murmured in agreement, being an only child himself.

Hiccup sat there fiddling with the piece of metal in his pocket as they carried on talking for the rest of the night.

With the girls, a similar conversation had been going on.

"This baby has been pretty active. Every minute it's kicking and moving around."

"Considering it's the child of the queen of the Defenders of the wing and my deranged brother, I wouldn't be surprised." Astrid laughed at Heather's comment.

"Hiccup and I said that we want 3 or 4 children but I'm not so sure I want children now."

"Are you serious? A liittle Hiccup and Astrid would be so adorable to have running around."

"I was joking heather."

"Oh thank Thor. I can't wait for you two to have children."

"Why is it that she's more excited for us to have kids then herself? I'm not even married yet."

"When are you getting married?" Mala asked

"Well." She took the piece of jewellery out of her bag and showed it to them.

A few days later. Btw I think some of you already know what's coming.

After coming back to the Island, Astrid and Hiccup were getting ready for yet another journey, this time, to Dragon Island.

"Remember mum. Only if we are not back in a weeks time and we haven't sent you a letter must you come looking for us. We'll be fine." Valka grinned, a knowing look on her face.

"Aye son. I know you will. Just take care of her." Hiccup pouted and mumbled something along the lines of his mum caring more about astrid then him sometimes. Valka just chuckled and hugged him tightly.

Have you heard. Something big is going to happen whilst they're gone.

Really. Do you think they're going to do that thing.

What thing?

Ya know. The gifting thing that humans do.

Hint hint