How to Get Out of Jail

And helllooo people. Just a reminder, italics is dragonese.

"So what are we going to do?" Astrid whispered, trying not to gain attention of the guard on night shift.

"We have to figure something out now. And I dont think trying to escape is going to work." He replied, counting the number of guards that had increased since the shift change.

"And we can't surrender either. We won't. We have to do this the proper way."

"I know. We can't risk anything that will harm you or the dragons."

"Or you babe." She squeezed his hand and he smiled under his mask.

"Do you think-uh maybe not."

"What?"

"It's nothing."

"Hiccup." He could sense her persistence.

"Okay. Uh. Okay. You've heard the stories about berk and how the chief has been looking for us right?" Astrid nodded, "Well um, maybe just maybe have a chance of getting out of here."

"How?"

Astrid listened as he explained his theory of how they could get out of jail with their dragons' limbs and organs intact.

The next day.

Hiccup and Astrid had not slept at all once they had set their plan. Though they were sure it would work, they still could not stop the nagging feeling that something might go wrong.

Astrid and Hiccup were just sitting, her head on his shoulder, as they watched the sun rise and the hoards of hooligans gather round the arena, awaiting the trail of the two strangers who had been brave enough to consort with dragons.

The prison door opened and Hiccup and Astrid were handcuffed by the guards, before being pushed out, into the middle of the arena.

Insults and threats were coming from all directions and Hiccup winced when someone called them 'useless devils'. Astrid sensed his slight distress and nudged him.

As he was looking at her, Stoick raised his hand, silencing his people. Hiccup looked  back.

"A meeting with the council had taken place last night to decide what to do with you scoundrels. Gothi, our village elder suggested we question you before we reach our final verdict."

"I'm the reason we are here. So I'll answer your questions. Just, leave her out of this."

"No," he said, voice as stubborn as the day they left, "You will both answer to your crimes against the rules and regulations all vikings have abided by in these 300 years. And if I do not like what you have to say, I will slaughter you and your beasts without hesitation."

"Fine. But I am warning you. We are not people you want to mess with." The vikings laughed.

"You're laughing now but remember. We may have a night fury and a deadly nadder with us, but that doesn't take cowardice to happen. It takes perseverance, acceptance and bravery. Something vikings wouldn't be able to do." Hiccup nodded in agreement and Stoick frowned.

"Why are you on my Island?" His voice echoed across the arena, making it seem louder than it already was.

"Well uh let's see. It was a nice day. We had decided to take a long flight and nice days never really last when we want it to be, sooo thunderstorm! We were crashing and then some idiots decided to throw a stupid net at us and we ended up with a minor concussion. So, thanks for that," he ended with his hands flaring in the air around his face. The vikings clearly recognised the sarcasm in his voice. But the sarcasm seemed familiar. Like they'd heard it before.