|14|

| K I M J A Y O U N G | 1 4 |

The moment she opened her eyes, she could feel the slightly swollen bags under them

The moment she opened her eyes, she could feel the slightly swollen bags under them. Confusion flooded her system for a good minute as she registered the fact that she was sleeping on the windowsill when the last thing she remembered the night before was being in the car with Minseok.

Drawing the blanket back, she wasn't able to appreciate the warmth and scenery around her; the man lying next to the bookshelf near the end of her foot. He was still in the same suit – it must have been difficult for him. Worry washed over her despite the tiredness she was feeling. Questions were firing at herself as to what happened? Did he get sick? He looked uncomfortable sleeping on the floor; was he okay?

Nevertheless, she unknowingly curved her lips at the drooling adult lying on his own left arm.

"Urgh."

Minseok was moving in his sleep, and the noise surprised her, so she hid in the blanket before Minseok caught her staring if he was awake, which was weird. Why should she hide this way from him? She could be awake or asleep however she liked; why did this matter?

His footsteps closing in was enough to get her heart beat faster, making her sweat under the heat. All of a sudden, she could feel the light on her face the moment he gently tore the blanket away. Jayoung kept still and tried not to make it obvious she was awake. More importantly, though, why did he do that?

She didn't even realize her hair was messy until fingers started tracing her forehead pushing strands from her face. They lingered on her temple longer than she'd expected.

"Jayoung-ah?" A mere whisper seemingly close to her ears propped her to peek through her lashes. "Is there anything you want to eat?"

Of course, the fridge was still void of food. She should refill it. Should she go with Minseok? "Oh? Um..."

When he stopped patting her head and sat down to her eye level, she found that to be a little distracting. Perhaps she was too quiet?

His hair had always looked so blonde from root to end. Wouldn't the chemicals get through to his scalp by now? "Bread."

The word appeared to have put a smile on his face. "Ah, that's my favorite. Haven't eaten that in a while." All of a sudden, he seemed to be okay with the close proximity as he laid his hand on her forehead. "I'll drive you to school so take your time."

"It's okay. Today there's a school event – no class."

"Right, right. You're working today. Do you still want a ride?"

Jayoung timidly shook her head while hugging the blanket close.

There wasn't much going on in this relationship or marriage; although they hadn't signed any paperwork making it official just yet, there were subtle changes. He was getting much closer to her than she had previously thought they could. And she was being very open. Even though opening up had gotten her this far, she feared that it could also be her weakness.