|57|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 5 7 |

"Can't you do it yourself? It's just a little section of the essay

"Can't you do it yourself? It's just a little section of the essay."

"The meeting is too early. I'm busy that day."

"Oh, sorry, I couldn't finish it today."

She thought that high school was difficult, but oh, she was so wrong.

Last night, she had to finish the book report and essay on her own and now, her teammates were still unresponsive to her requests. Everything she said was like the words of God. No one really cared if her ideas were right or not. There was practically no discussion. It was about them having nothing to do and she had to do everything they weren't doing.

Jayoung was ready to stab a living being, so she stopped everything for the day and forced herself to take a nap.

But then there was the kitchen.

The kitchen was hectic. Everything around was actually a lot more toxic than she envisioned everything to be.

The head Chef, Yunho, didn't even seem like he was in his mind as he ordered the others to deliver the food. She could almost see the holes in his heart when he called out those dishes, and she wanted to say it out loud and snapped him out of it, but she was just a waiter. Every time, a complaint came around it was always her and the other waiters that had to deal with the shenanigans.

The thing was that the head Chef didn't even cook himself.

She knew she shouldn't judge, but there was something going on between the owner and the head chef here. They never really looked at each other in the eyes. Each passed and she wasn't sure if coming to work here was even a good thing.

The cooks were disrespectful and whiny while the Chef, Yunho, wasn't even putting his heart into the food anymore. She could see it through the way he put down the plate – wasn't much care when he almost dropped it every single time.

"Yah! Cha Jayoung, the hell are you standing around for?" One of the cooks shouted at her and she couldn't even reply when –

"She's waiting on the other dish. You just do your own thing." Chef Yunho scolded the man, and Jayoung felt a little better.

From what she had seen, Chef Yunho wasn't really harsh on his cooks emotionally. The nature of their job was intense. She got the same sense that he and Chef Yixing weren't much different in their regimens and the way they worked, but there was something else about the environment that didn't work out for the old head chef here.

"Here, Jayoung-ah." The man was soft with her and the other waiters, but his food told her that he wasn't really in it for the customers. Something happened. She wanted to know.

"What the? Are you kidding me? I asked for medium-rare!"

Some customers didn't even care about manners and just straight out complained without filters, and she wanted to fall down and cry, but she couldn't, she had to stand there and tried to reason with an unreasonable eater before she asked for the owner. And of course, the owner would take the responsibility before the entitled rich lady then dumping it all on her and the Head Chef.