|67|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 6 7 |

The feel of her rough hand on his hair

The feel of her rough hand on his hair. He remembered the way her nails dragged over his skin leaving a trail of promises down his spine – mostly his hair, the grip at his hair. It was short and it should be not attractive, but the way she grabbed on to it made him quite proud. His eyes glazed watching her through the rearview mirror as she silently napping on Kim Kai's shoulder.

Another breath and he caught Kim Kai glaring at him. Suddenly, Minseok started sweating – due to the new threat – and burning – from the things he couldn't have at that moment – all at the same time. His eyes averted. He was mad. Certainly. But her actions were justified. It was he that couldn't approach her himself, and now he had to deal with his own mistakes.

Once they were at the resort and Jayoung had gone biking with Kim Kai along with the other chefs, Yixing stole him once more. The two of them were back in the van with Yixing driving them towards the closest market to get some ingredients that were missing.

"Kim Minseok, I'm sacrificing the beef of my restaurant to save your marriage right now. Why can't you just try harder?" Apparently, the old chef had taken the meat he had reserved for the customers and packed it here. "My fucking life is literally going to be in your stomach, so can you please please stop your bullshits and man up?"

"It's not that easy."

"Well, if you're going to use that logic, fuck you. Everything is not that easy. That's why I'm trying to make it easier for you. We all are. Even Jayoung. She's like.." he knew that his best friend was trying to build him up, but it was difficult. "Trust me. Please. She doesn't care about your conditions."

"She will, at one point." A broken whisper. "There are a lot of younger men whose legs aren't –"

"Okay. This conversation is finished."

It was a long silent drive. With Yixing rarely shutting his mouth, it was certainly more than awkward with Yixing not saying anything.

After they've finished errands, the old man dropped him off. Minseok was getting ready to leave the van when he spoke again for the first time in 2 hours.

"Whatever it is that you do, just promise me you turn those promise rings into diamond ones."

Steadily, he made his way towards their room. Perhaps, it's time to talk. He couldn't be postponing it anymore. As a past counsellor, he sure had a lot more problems than his own previous clients. Forcing his brain to run its logic, Minseok decided that it wouldn't be too bad. She looked like she wanted to talk, and Yixing was doing everything he could for him to have a chance to do something about this.

Everything will be fine.

She loved him. Of course, she did. That desperate kiss the other night should be more than enough to prove it.