|55|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 5 5 |

He was sitting there alone. The food was going cold. The people were watching. The waiter was asking if he needed anything else.

Her sister had pulled a fast one on this man. And Jayoung didn't know if she should feel okay with her own sister doing this. She hadn't any idea who he was, but to her, nobody deserved to be ditched like this.

She had seen him from time to time. He had this innocent and fragile face for a fierce businessman. He would always bow to every little thing.

The girl sat down.

He was, of course, confused.

"She's not coming." A little heads up for him. She knew what the question was.

"I don't want to be rude, but why..."

"I just... couldn't leave you alone." she looked at the food below, unable to keep eye contact with him. Exhaling deeply, she brought the napkin to her collar and picked up the spoon. "You're paying, right?"

She didn't wait for his reply. The girl had been working the whole day at school yesterday and since her parents were out and about, she couldn't get her own food. Digging into the beef, she downed the first bite faster than he could reply.

A weird smile on his lips when she looked up.

"Nothing. Just... I'm Minseok."

"I'm Jayoung. Can you help me with the sauce?"

That afternoon, it was her eating up almost everything and Minseok complaining about the size of a teenager's appetite.

She didn't know she was going to come across this man. The girl was just looking for a place to eat. But he was already here, on the verge of breaking down. The only thing she could do was keep his feelings at bay for the moment.

The waiter seemed pleased at the sight of her. "Would you like anything else?"

"Cola, please."

A tap on her shoulder and Jayoung was back in the kitchen. Chef Chanyeol was smiling down at her with ice cream in his hand. "Come on. It's never too late for ice cream."

"It's freezing out there, and you're eating ice cream?" The tanned chef raised a brow, but there was no heat to his words. The girl had been noticing Chef Kai's stares towards Chef Chanyeol, and it wasn't getting any less obvious.

When the two of them were alone in the storage unit, Jayoung questioned her sunbae without much hiding. "It's not just a crush, is it, sunbae?"

She could see his knuckles whitened as he gripped the huge box potatoes, but the chef just winked at her as a dry reply before going back to his job, leaving the girl blankly washing the dishes in the abyss.