|45|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 4 5 |

He could sense his heart heal and shatter again just as fast

He welcomed this embrace. This death-like grip on him. Her arms so small yet he couldn't actually move away if he wanted to.

He could feel her face pressed harshly against his chest wanting to hear his heartbeat.

It was way too much for him to handle the fact that she was doing everything she could make sure this was happening. Slowly, her blunt nails were digging into his back, making it hard for him to breathe.

Words failed to form in his brain.

Whatever was happening at this moment – it hurt.

And when she clutched his shirt and pulled him even closer, he knew his heart could never heal again unless she was always right next to him and ready to keep it beating.

And it was going to hurt. A lot. When he leaves.

6:00 am.

He remembered the girl breaking away from him first and ran for the door.

The bathroom door was open when he got in.

Minseok couldn't get those small cries echoing the house off his head.

Did she know what was happening?

His face then flared up red, thinking back to the moment she attacked with another hug and a soft kiss on his cheeks before she slammed the study's door close.

Now that he was sitting in the kitchen alone and staring at the locked study, Minseok sighed to himself. She never locked this place before. Well, it was understandable that now she was locking it, but still –

"OH, WHAT THE?!" The girl jumped at his death glare greeting her.

Minseok raised a curious when she bowed at him and rushed off to the bathroom, avoiding his gaze.

Eh? What's happening? Why am I feeling a lot older than I should be?

His arms and legs crossed. His suit was getting uncomfortable, but that wasn't really a problem when the girl showed with a shy gaze before she went on to check the fridge, getting ready to cook like every other normal day.

"Jayoung-ah?"

"OMO–"

Minseok had to actually jump away from his seat if he didn't want a cucumber smacking his face this early on a Sunday morning.

"Sorry, you surprised me."

"How?"

His question short and to the point, making Jayoung visibly shrug not knowing what to answer. It was weird certainly. He had been sitting here and she knew that he was sitting here. Why did she want to manslaughter him with a vegetable?