|21|

| K I M J A Y O U N G | 2 1 |

When Minseok told her to sit down, it was strange obviously, but she wasn't really complaining

This was the first time she saw him in glasses. Those skinny round frames really made his eyes bigger. His hair swept over forehead seemed to be in the way of his eyes; however, the man didn't say a word about it.

He had his white sweater sleeves rolled up as he walked around with the black apron she normally wore.

"Wah~~" Minseok was cutting his fair share of vegetables. His brows knitted at the sight of the boiling water below as he talked about Yixing.

This felt so natural for him from what she was witnessing. Considering all of the many different stories about Minseok, Jayoung realized that it was going to be hard to believe any of them.

"He's versatile."

Jongdae's words helped her but also confused her at the same time.

So far, he, right now anyway, was a completely different man from all of the stories she heard of him. She wondered if he had always been faking this whole thing – that he wasn't the person they all said he was or he just tried to be another person in front of her.

"He's not much of a talker."

Rion was his ex-girlfriend. So there should be some things true about that.

"Yixing wasn't exactly my trainer, but he did show me a few tips and tricks."

"Oooh," she didn't know that watching Minseok cook was this fun and exciting. Everything he did look so clean and clear almost like a professional. She wondered if others knew that he could cook. "That's really good knife work..."

The smoothness and swiftness in his chops were mesmerizing. "It shouldn't really surprise you – I mean, I have first row seats to The Amazing Zhang Yixing and his cooking, so I just followed what he did."

"But that's really impressive. Does Chef know you can cook?"

Minseok just shyly shook his head and winked at her. "Just the two of us?"

That undoubtedly made her beam. It was automatic. She tried hiding it but failed miserably. How could one not find that adorable?

Running to his side, Jayoung picked up a nearby spoon and tasted the soup he was making. Apparently, Minseok used the kimchi they bought a week ago along with some soybean sprout to make a soybean sprout soup with kimchi – a simple way to kick-start a Saturday breakfast. She cooked this a few times, but it didn't really work out for her.

"Umm! You can make this better than me!" The kimchi wasn't of great quality like good fermented ones, but Minseok found a way to work around it.

"It's nothing. My grandma used to show me and my brother a thing or two about this, plus we learned to cook only her recipes. She wanted to pass them to someone." The man prepared the dishes after he cleaned the counter and his hands.