|19|

| K I M J A Y O U N G | 1 9 |  

Her eyes scan, skim and dart across the computer screen like crazy googly doll eyes

Her eyes scan, skim and dart across the computer screen like crazy googly doll eyes. She had never work this hard before not even as hard as the upcoming national exam finishing high school. That thing could wait.

"Not going to sleep?" That must be Jimin's voice.

Jongdae did mention that mood swings didn't count as part of the disorder; however, it was supposed to be a good thing since Minseok rarely expressed anything, so she had to keep an eye out for that. Staring at the screen in front of her, Jayoung tried her best to read the English words in the many journal articles relating to all symptoms of DID and DID itself. Google translate wasn't the best, but she would take whatever she could get.

"Jayoung?"

"Oh, ne?"

Jimin was taken aback, probably by her frowning eyes. The guy looked around and turned back to her. "It's eleven. You should sleep."

"Oh, I've got research to do." Seeing the cold bottle water in Jimin's hand, Jayoung snatched the object right out of his hands, which further startling the boy. "Real important."

"Right..." His eyes widened at the amount of water she gulped; his hands drew back slowly. Was she dreaming that his body kind of leaned back about to fall over? "Since it's Saturday, tomorrow... 2 o'clock. That's how long I give you."

Jayoung didn't say anything but went back to reading through the many resources on mental disorders. Maybe, she could help. Jongdae didn't make some good choice years then, but he was still a good friend Minseok had. Her phone read D, ready to call the man if she had any revelation about the once depressed Minseok. Or perhaps he was still depressed?

Thank goodness for all of the years she spent reading incoherent words of English fantasy books and a lot of Korean adventure and detective novels because if she hadn't done that, reading through these massive amounts of text would never be possible.

For the next three hours, her half of the new notebook that had bought hours ago at the bookstore where Jongdae dropped her off was filled with notes and cryptic messages of Minseok. Jongdae did warn that it was better that only he and Jayoung knew about the conditions. It made sense. 

At one point, she realized that Jongdae stalking Minseok should be a weird thing, but uh... I don't have anything to say about that.

After so much reading, noting, thinking, and rethinking, all she could conclude about the solution to it all was doing whatever she'd been doing.

I can do that.

That night she fell asleep with both anxiety and happiness as she thought about Minseok.

"My child!"

Of course, Chef's angelic face always cheered her up.

That afternoon she just resumed her cooking lessons with the old chef. It was weird that his restaurant had to open at 6 pm and close at 6 am. She questioned the stamina of everyone working here, and Chef just simply gave her a chuckle.