|17|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 1 7 |

It was almost midnight. He could tell by the sudden colder breeze and the brighter moonlit sky. A clear beautiful midnight sky. The slightly icy grass felt great underneath his sweat-stained white dress shirt.

The park at hours like this was filled with people – especially couples. It was a getaway place with benches, sidewalk, a good view of the night and a river flowing nearby.

These moments only happened when he and Jongdae stayed up late to stare at the darkened heaven above them. A habit they had when they needed to talk or just do nothing but enjoy the beauty that was the night sky.

"Been a while, huh?" his ice-cold voice was close to his ears.

"Umm-hmm."

Jongdae then raised his head and propped his elbow on the shiny green blades of the grass, leaning over Minseok to get Minseok's beer bottle. It was weird. These days Minseok couldn't really finish his alcohol anymore. They still tasted great, but anxiety started to seep into his skin and made him stop.

"You're different, Minnie." The kitten man took a sip of the cold bittersweet liquid before turning to Minseok. "I think I know who to point at."

"You think she'd be okay?" That wasn't what Minseok wanted to say, but that was all he could come up with.

"Fuck no, why would she? I mean, it's impressive that she held it in for so long." His fingers were slow and dancing on the bottle, tapping to a simple pattern. Knowing the younger sensitivity, Minseok wanted to offer a jacket but realized he didn't actually have one with him. "Soyoung's eyes would've welled up in the first few seconds."

Clearly, there was nothing connected him to Jayoung, but Minseok could somehow hear her muffled cry in the distant as huge gusts of wind wafted over his tired body.

"Why now? I thought you were didn't want to talk to me anymore."

"No, that was what I thought of you..."

A long pause followed, which reminded him of the old times. Sometimes, it would take each of them 10 to 20 minutes to answer the question. Minseok would enjoy the silence and stars twinkling in the night while Jongdae would try to find the right words and right meaning to form a sentence and vice versa.

"I've always wanted to talk to you, but ... you were..." Jongdae sat up and look down at him, waiting. Understanding the cue, Minseok sat up next to him and had his legs folded against his chest for a comforting hug. "You were very distant, Minseok."

"I thought you hated me."

He watched Jongdae took a deep breath and frowned at him for the millionth time for the day. The younger blinked for a few seconds before pulling Minseok in for a hug. "Man, I could never bring myself to hate you, ever."