|40|

| K I M M I N S E O K | 4 0 |

She was sitting there in front of him, but no matter how loud he called out to her, she just wouldn't budge

She was sitting there in front of him, but no matter how loud he called out to her, she just wouldn't budge. The girl didn't notice his presence whatsoever. As the snow got harsher and thicker, she slowly disappeared into the night, flying away with the dust, no longer visible to his sore eyes.

He was brought back to his study with a stir, almost falling over to his left side when he realized that he had fallen asleep by the windowsill. If he wanted to keep making money, he needed to stop sleeping this way. The strain in his back in him like a sting with a loud satisfying yawn escaped his lips.

The dreams were getting a lot more intense and more vivid; it was bothering him. He knew they were just images forming in his sleep, but he couldn't help adding meaning to them, especially since it clearly showed him his true fear. He couldn't believe that the girl who showed up in his life for only months managed to imprint such a special place in his heart. When he thought that without Suho, he might not be able to go on, she showed him otherwise.

What was with the blanket? He didn't remember –

This is Jayoung's.

"Be careful. Drive safe." The girl waved goodbye at him when he was about to leave. This would never get old; this warm feeling of being home and leaving for work. Never once in his life that he would be so excited to go to work just to hear her wish him a safe drive.

"Hol." Jongdae stared at the packages in front of Minseok. "That looks really good."

"Right," his friend's voice seemed to wake him up from a trance as he, too, was marveling at the feast laid out before him. "This is for you."

"Seriously?" He handed a particular lunch box to Jongdae and watched him stared at the homemade kimbap in a daze. "I haven't had this for so long. Not to mention homemade? Is this Jayoung's doing?"

"I tried to tell her that she shouldn't have made too much, but she said she needed to practice, so she would make as much as she wanted."

"Man, you're so lucky." Jongdae began digging in and pushed his friend to do the same. "If this doesn't sway you, then I don't know what will."

Oh, I am.

Since yesterday, the girl was certainly strange. He didn't remember her being so productive before. A lot friendlier than usual. Not that he was complaining.

As he was about to dig in, he found a note just under the lunchbox.

Don't choke on my delicious food. Remember to breath.

Minseok let out a ridiculous scoff and took a swig of water before he could think straight. Well, yes, she had gotten better at cooking, but to go as far as that? She certainly got that huge ego from Yixing. Of course, the Chinese chef had been practically screaming in his ears that his food was the best even when Minseok couldn't taste anything.