|70|

| C H A J A Y O U N G | 7 0 |

"So?" Chef Kai smiled at the woman who had just come back from an interview

And all Jayoung could do was shaking her head.

A small smile from the chef and he gestured her for a hug.

5:30 pm.

A sluggish walk to the bus. She half wanted to cry, half wanted to stab somebody. Maybe, the latter could be a little inappropriate.

Chef Yixing had tried to find her job openings, and she had been more than active in spotting anything that would be involved with food. It was difficult without parents, she must admit. Then again, if her parents were going to be assholes anyway, they shouldn't get credit raising her at all. Plus, her role models were her teacher and her k-drama oppa. No thank you, parents.

Summer was getting closer and the cold weather was dissipating. The clouds getting warmer, and her shirt sticky smell of sweat.

It wasn't really going anywhere at this point. Soon, she would be free from school and do something cooking-related in the summer, but it seemed like a lot of things were going against her at the moment. Her mind wasn't going to be taking this much hit from all the rejections. Each time they said no, she grew more and more distant. Not everyone was a chef in the world anyway. Why was it so hard to get a job there?

Her legs all noodles unable to move on as she approached the front door. Her hands ready to throw away her backpack.

All her proper makeup done for nothing. They didn't even take one look at her. Was she that unattractive to be a waiter? Oh, gracious, she wanted to punch that interview's face in. All of her reflexes and knife skills learned from Chef Kai and Chef Yixing were enough to prepare her for a murderous rampage. If she had to, she would skin all of those assholes alive. Luckily, the purge wasn't a real thing in real life or else, people like them would be having a lot of problems with her.

Pushing the door forward, she found that something was stuck at the back. It wasn't opening when—

"Hey, you're back. Welcome home."

Maybe, it was the fact that Minseok dyed his hair bright chocolate brown or maybe it was the fact that he was wearing a ponytail. Whatever it was, Minseok was super adorable in an apron, and she wanted to squeeze his cheeks.

"Oppa." Quietly, she brought him in for a much-needed power hug. She could feel the surprise in Minseok's movement, but he didn't really hesitate and returned the hold.

His chin poking at her head. "Aw, bad day?"

Jayoung only squirmed into his chest further, a little whine from her part lips. His ice cream and vanilla scent filling up her senses. His muscly arms lifting her up and she immediately wrapped her legs up and around his waist, letting him take her wherever.